As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

I am working on so many things right now. The living in the present is tough for me. I want so badly to know what will happen next, or what to expect, or if I am making the right choices, or if my recovering boyfriend is making the right choices. I feel like I will always wonder if things will work themselves out before they actually work themselves out. It's just human nature; a bad habit. I can promise myself that I will try my best not to dwell on the unknown and to take each day at time.

Who knew that was easier said than done?!

Living in the wonderment of the future is just "a desperate attempt to get control over something I can't." I'm learning little by little to let go of the need for control over situations I have absolutely no power over. I have to have faith that things will get better, but I realize that faith does not live in certainty.

I still feel a little lost, but I am certainly making progress and that feels good! Today might be the first day I feel somewhat content as I go to bed.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you love. Sounds like your in a place of awarenesses and acceptance and of course follows action! Your able to find some peace in the middle of a hetic life! Ahh yess progress not perfection one day at a time! Funny how I can have the knowledge and understanding of Gods will and praying for the power to carry that out and then the next day I can "feel" a bit off kilter!? Thankfully for me I know this too shall pass and can go to a meeting, call a friend, pray and meditate, use some slogans and or read or all of the above! And I know feelings are just temporal! They change day to day, hour to hour! What matters most os what's at the core of who Iam and what I am, how I see things! Be proud of yourself for the work and progress you have made and are making!

Keep forging ahead and taking care of you!