Notices

sick and tired

Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sick and tired

I'm sick and tired of trying to make things right. I'm sick and tired of people putting others before family. I'm sick and tired of not being able to have an occasional drink with some friends and therefore they won't talk to me anymore. I am sick and tired of being lonely. I'm sick and tired of fighting for sobriety when all it does is make me feel depressed and lonely and angry. Above all I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I feel like I'm going insane and I don't know what to do about it. I am just sick and tired of it all. I wish it would end.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you going to SMART or AA? There is s lot of support there and people you will identify with.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chiyo
you came here to get away from the problems of drinking tho, remember?

Getting sober doesn't automatically take our problems away or give us a great life....but it does give us that possibility - if we want to work for it.

I drank for 2 decades - I have to be honest it took me several months to even start sorting out that kind of wreckage.

How long have you been sober now?

D
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Chiyo, you been through some personal tragedies that would challenge the strongest person. And you have met that challenge by staying sober. It's okay to feel bad; it's just not okay to drink over it.

I am not sure the pain you are feeling is drinking/recovery related. Have you thought about counseling?

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Chiyo, you been through some personal tragedies that would challenge the strongest person. And you have met that challenge by staying sober. It's okay to feel bad; it's just not okay to drink over it.

I am not sure the pain you are feeling is drinking/recovery related. Have you thought about counseling?

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.
What he said...Sending you prayers for strength and peace chiyo.