Notices

New to forum

Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to forum

Hi, I am married to an alcoholic. He realizes his problem, but always has an excuse on why he drinks that day, or sets a date later to stop drinking. We have been married for 11 and 1/2 years now, and I still love him whole heartedly, but I can't stand the man he is becoming. And I am tired of the excuses.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe you could send him here? I'm pretty new to this site but have found it incredibly motivating and supportive so far. My sense, looking over posts, is that a lot of people look around on here before finally deciding to join - maybe he would find it clarifying and motivating just to look. I know it was really illuminating for me, as I began to realize that I might be an alcoholic, to hear the stories and feelings of other alcoholics.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Dawnielle View Post
Hi, I am married to an alcoholic. He realizes his problem, but always has an excuse on why he drinks that day, or sets a date later to stop drinking. We have been married for 11 and 1/2 years now, and I still love him whole heartedly, but I can't stand the man he is becoming. And I am tired of the excuses.
I have a list of excuses that I used to use in my head. I'm sure you have heard it before but he will only change if he wants too. You will find a lot of support in this forum.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Natom.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Dawnielle)) - Welcome to SR, though sorry for what has brought you here. I think, if you read around, you will find there are lots of people in similar situations. Knowing we're not alone helped me, and I hope it helps you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy