Notices

I need third person logic right about now

Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need third person logic right about now

I have been clean now for a week( relapsed last weekend) and earlier today I felt 100% cured.

Now I am on the verge of relapse and keep telling myself that the pain that I will feel for a couple weeks afterwards is worth the potential satisfaction of tonight.

My GF is at a school dance and this urge is getting stronger and stronger.

I know that if I give in, tomorrow I will wake up and be in the depths of hell, but tonight all I can think about is the instant relief and warm blanket of drugs and alcohol.

I have this mentality where I just tell myself do what you want to do tonight and let future Julian deal with it, and then the next day I'm like" curse you Julian of the past why did you do this to me"

suck an enigma
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Julian, tough through it and come out stronger. you know you can so dig deep and do it. it's not easy. if it was, none of us would be here seeking the help and support that we do. i'm glad you're here. this is the right place to be. keep coming back. you can make it through tonight. everyone has a sober night in them. tonight is yours.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

The urges come and go. If you buy into it you will feed the addiction. Every time you resist an urge the addiction is weakend. The addiction can only live off your strength- if you take it back it is yours.

In the end the urges disappear.

Relationships can be tough- drinking usually makes them worse
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Julius, the truth about active alcoholism is that we face the same choice with the same outcome over and over until we either accept that the "instant relief and warm blanket" is suicide or we die in the process of denying it.

I cannot change the fear in your heart that keeps you drinking. I can say from experience that sobriety is not the price I pay to survive. It has given me the chance to grow again, love again, and truly live life as opposed to merely passing through hoping that it doesn't get any worse.

Only you can decide which road you will take. You know where drinking will lead you, you clearly don't know where the other path will take you. It is hard road at first, but that hardship only lasts for the first few weeks, and will ultimately fade away. What remains after that hardship fades is the ability to choose your life, not endure it. Choose sobbriety Julius, you won't regret it.

Good luck,
Edd
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Call Me "Cor"

I'm trying to be sober too, and thanks Edd. <3