Notices

A New Beginning

Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A New Beginning

Hello everyone,

A little over a month ago I came on this website seeking support and answers. Many of you came with your kind words which was much appreciated and enhanced my recovery. I had been taking opiates for 2 years and Suboxone for the last year. I felt completely lost, afraid to go out of the house and associate like normal. I knew it was time to get off. A big fear for most is the withdrawal, and that was a scary thing to me. So I went and did my research and came to the final decision to stop once and for all. I came across a couple videos on YouTube on ways to alleviate w/d symptoms.
One of the videos a gentlemen mentioned the "Thomas recipe" for Suboxone. So I went to GNC and bought the needed items included in the recipe.
7 Day detox cleanse, potassium gluconate, L-Tyrosine and a full spectrum multivitamin. All together cost about 70$ but was well worth it. It made the process a lot easier to deal with. Please look up the Thomas recipe for additional details.
Tomorrow will be day 30 clean from Suboxone. I have been keeping a written journal which I will post up. The first 4-5 days are the toughest, just stay strong and get through it, it's so possible. After the hump seems to be less tension on the mind. At times, even today, I feel a bit weak and tire out a little easy, but I'm sure it's part of the process. During your w/d try to get as much exercise possible. Short walks even help. Plenty of showers, and as much ibprophen as you need.
By the way I'm 22 years old and getting my life back on track. Looking for jobs, going back to school and hanging out with good, sober friends. If I can do it you can too!!
If anyone has any questions please ask I am eager to help. My life has a new perspective, one of depth and love. Thanks for everything guys!!
-Matt
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's positive you're sober n willing to help others. Thanks for sharing. Please keep posting n remember SR is here for you too.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats lochness! I like the name! Makes me giggle.

So how many mgs of sub did you jump off at? Glad to hear you are still going strong. There are usually some bumps in the road along the way, but if you can push through the rough days and come out on the other side it only makes you stronger. I fell back into it a number of times after 3, 4, 5, and even 6 months clean, but I feel like I finally have a handle on it now.

Keep yourself busy! I am sure once you get back to work and school time will fly by. Great work! Keep it up!