Notices

An Update--Haven't Been Here For Awhile!

Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An Update--Haven't Been Here For Awhile!

Hello all, just wanted to give you an update on me! I have not been here for a while since I detoxed from a six month use of pain pills. I am doing pretty well. I have relapsed a few times, weird relapses, like a day or two and then I get off them again. It is hard. But for the most part, I have stayed off them and I hope I stop using them even every now and then soon. I feel I can have a good life without them. I am tapering off my benzo medication now--wow is that challenging! But I am under the care of a great doc who is taking me off slowly. But just wanted to say hello. For those reading this just coming off pain pills, I know it is the worst feeling in the world. I was there, even just after six months I was heavily addicted (10-12 Norco 10/325 pretty much daily). I did not think I could function without them. Well I can, and for the most part I have done it. You can too. God bless!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((georgiagirl)) - Good to see you back!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-01-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Georgia--good to see you post and glad you are doing well. I hope the benzo taper works out for you and glad you have a doctor who is willing to help you do that. Thanks for posting and check in now and again!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks all for welcoming me back. As I said, i would like to stop even the occasional use of hydrocodone. I still really need this website and its support so I don't go back into full blown addiction. I don't know how I have gotten away with just taking it every now and then. It is not a good idea for an addict like me because we all know without any kind of help we go back to daily use. I don't want that to happen. So I will be lurking around here as I am concerned the benzo taper will trigger a full blow relapse--I hope not. I will be doing all I can to prevent that! Great to be here again!