Notices

If it is not about acceptance and love what is it about

Old 10-29-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If it is not about acceptance and love what is it about

Went to another meeting where the guy who dissed me was. Sat next to him. He was all embarrased and we whisper a bit before the meeting started. Everything changed. We just talked turned out he was a vet getting a divorce. It was never about Buddhism it was about fear and hurt.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

funny what happens when we actually talk to other people!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny how we can lash out at someone about something that has nothing to do with what we're really pissed about. I had a friend who lashed out at me because I was the safe place to dump his anger. His problem was with his girlfriend, but he was living at her place rent free, so he couldn't jeopardize that. I got the brunt of his anger, which had nothing whatsoever to do with anything I had done. I discontinued the friendship. Who needs that?

He was a Vietnam vet too. I never asked him about it. I just left it open for him to talk about it if he wanted to, but he never did. I didn't want to stir up any bad memories. At the time I was friends with this guy it was George W. Bush's reign and we had plenty to talk about on that score.

Have you ever watched the TV show "Parenthood?" It's really good. You can watch episodes online at NBC's website. It follows 3 generations of a family. The grandfather is a Vietnam vet. In the most recent episode there is a guy who's just come back from Afghanistan and trying to adjust to being a civilian again. There's tons of other stuff going on in this show and it takes a while to get familiar with all the different characters, but I think it's the best thing on TV. In fact, it's the only thing I watch. It comes on Tues. night, but you can always watch it online the day after it airs on the TV.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I tried editing , but I was too late, so I copied this:

funny what happens when we actually talk to other people!

Ernest Kurtz uses the phrase "fully human interaction" in his book Not-God A History of Alcoholics Anonymous.

It's about fully human interaction along with acceptance and love and tolerance. Spirituality at it's finest.

The Spirituality of Imperfection is also a great read!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks I will give it a look.