Notices

sorry...

Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sorry...

feels like I am just here to complain but having a tough time... And trying to share as much as i can... day 2 and it is not getting easier... feel no energy yet my mind is racing. everything is overwhelming. Have no idea where to start. got to call this woman (claims i owe 2500 dollars...) anyway, bottom line is that i feel like my life is completely upside down and i have no idea where to turn to, how to get out of this hole. i owe money left and right. cannot get a job, lost all my friends and family who obviously are tired of my BS... Feeling hopeless and lonely... thank you.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. But you are on day 2, now that's one thing to hold on to with everything you have. Concentrate just on that right now. You can deel with the rest, one thing at a time. Don't look at everything at the same time. Just one by one. You cannot fix everything right now. But you sure can remain sober.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you opposed to going to an AA meeting and asking people there to help you?....That's what I did and they helped me.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you ThePatman and Sapling. Sapling, I did try AA in the past and found it did not help me. Other members have advised me to look at alternatives which i am doing. I live in the Tampa Bay area and haven't been able to find any yet... Still looking!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How much of a try did you give it?....Did you read the book?...did you try different meetings?...Did you talk with people it worked for?....You don't have to answer...I'm just curious.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eveofthefuture View Post
Thank you ThePatman and Sapling. Sapling, I did try AA in the past and found it did not help me. Other members have advised me to look at alternatives which i am doing. I live in the Tampa Bay area and haven't been able to find any yet... Still looking!
What other members advised you to look into alternatives? Other AA members?

Eve. please Google and read AA's "The Doctors Opinion", "How It Works" and "The Promises of Alcoholics Anonymous". Do you identify ??.....

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear Sapling, I did try many meetings, even had sponsors (one in NY and one in Tampa). AA is not for everyone. There are alternatives. I just need to find some in my area.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Many alternatives exist. I'm on day 24. I don't feel like drinking, and will never drink again. How? lookup AVRT on google.

I did my big plan and that was it. I'm not saying I don't have more work to do, but I have the tool to do it myself now.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Eve - there is nothing wrong with looking at other alternatives but I think you're at a very critical place right now. Don't put off doing what you need to do.

How many AA meetings did you try? How long ago was it? BTW, AA isn't for most people that aren't ready yet. That was the case for me. I spent nearly 20 years knowing I would never do that stuff. I did not think I would ever end up in AA and actually have it help me.

Have you looked into free/low-cost services offered by your county?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

May be one of these links might help.

Florida Drug & Alcohol Rehabs (Low Cost)

Tampa, Florida Drug Rehab Centers, Alcohol Rehab Programs & Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers in Tampa, FL
Old 10-26-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dear Sapling, I did try many meetings, even had sponsors (one in NY and one in Tampa). AA is not for everyone. There are alternatives. I just need to find some in my area.
No....It's not for everyone...I was so desperate....I had to wonder how could something that worked for millions of people not work for me?....How different was I?....I wish you nothing but the best finding what works for you..I mean that...because I know what it's like being where you are....Never give up hope!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is exactly the place to come to let people know you are having a rough time so don't be sorry. My life was in shambles when I first got sober. Right now take care of yourself. It helped me in the beginning to take care of those basic needs my sick body needed. Hungry, angry, lonely and tired. I drank a lot of fluids and rested as much as possible. Someone also told me to stay out of my head, it was a dangerous place. I had to concentrate on getting through each hour without drinking. I literally lived on SR those first few months. read everything I could. One thing that really helped me was listening to those who had what I wanted. I kinda gravitated torward those who had found a way to do what I had not been able to.
Take care of yourself and try to stay connected here, alot of great people on SR.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thank you everyone... so much. crying right now... havent felt so stuck in a long time. thank you for your words... hanging in there!! still...
Old 10-26-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nothing wrong with crying...For me that meant I knew change was coming...It unblocked me...So I just let it out....Then it was time to get busy to make that change happen...Take some action...I could only cry so long. Stay close to here....Don't pick up the first drink...Every day you don't drink...Things will get better...That's a promise.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I liked the AVRT book Rational Recovery and SMART. I also like the Women in Sobriety (I know that doesn't help you.) I agree that finding the right support system for you
Is important. Hang in there and try to just focus on one thing at a time. Think of a small problem you can fix today and then make a plan for addressing the others.

Good luck!