Notices

6 months clean, relapse, starting over

Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

6 months clean, relapse, starting over

Hey all, It's been awhile since I've been on this site. Wanted to tell my story. I got clean back in Feb. with the help of this site and will power i ended a 5 year opiate habit. I did a home detox and within 2 weeks started a new job, i was happy, i was saving money, working out, than i ended up in the emergency room 3 times for kidney stones, and started taking tramadol for pain. In mind i new they were addicting but i kept telling myself their non narcotic it's ok. Well 1 or 2 tramadol ended up being 4 or 5 and so on. Eventually i ran out of tramadol and started taking Hydrocodone again but this time it wasn't for the pain it was to get high. That led to oxys.. I also had bad luck with a couple relationships recently and been feeling depressed, it messed up my job, relationship with friends at work. It's just been a downwards spiral. Been doing a lot of thinking and decided to do another home detox since I don't have insurance there's not much else i can do. I went and talked to my employer who was very understanding. Wished me the best of luck and basically told me if i ever want to come back she would rehire me. It was just a fast food job so not much of a big deal. I'm 26 years old and so tired of living this way. I need to focus more on me. I know this site is full of great people, It was a big part in my recovery before and I'm going to use it to my full advantage. Tomorrow's a new day. I gotta do this.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back ((Click85))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make me a promise.
Stick around here.
You did it once, you can do it again.
And this time, hold on tight to the gift of sobriety.
I did it before too, and thought I was fine. I went back to all the same crapola quickly.
I had to start again too.
But, we are a bit smarter second time around.
Would you consider going to NA?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At the risk of starting another debate, I will advise you to avoid new relationships for a year.
You are young. You have all the time in the world.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Click welcome back!!!!!!!! So good to see you back on here. I am here for you all the way, please let me know how I can help! You know what you are about to endure, so just get through it and continue with sobriety. That is great to hear you boss was supportive, you must've been a great employee.

Hang in there.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Every day you maintain a healthy distance from the pills means you will get stronger inside. Once you get over the initial kick (1-2 weeks) you'll start feeling much better. It will be an up-down ride at times but don't jump back in the rabbit hole no matter how good "just one or two" may sound. It's all a lie and they will eventually lose their grip on you. The opies still whisper to me after 5 months clean but it's just ineffectual chatter now. Good luck!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by Hollyanne View Post
At the risk of starting another debate, I will advise you to avoid new relationships for a year.
You are young. You have all the time in the world.
At the risk of starting a debate...that really made me chuckle...

I have seen many a heated argument over that. Lol, I can see both points, but in the end it's none of my business
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I appreciate you're posting this Click. I just joined here to remind myself everyday is a fight within myself for this beautiful gift of sobriety that I have and that at any point it can fall away.
You have all the love and encouragement I can send through the internet. I hope you'll find peace and win through the war! Keep strong my friend