Notices

Spice-I want my life back!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spice-I want my life back!

I have never posted anything like this anywhere before so here it goes!
I am 35-female, with no children and I am having a terrible time with Spice.
Let me give a short back story because Spice wasn't in my life until about a year or so ago.
I smoked pot since I was about 17 on and off...then more heavily as I got older. (Was never really a drinker-just don't favor the taste/experience)
When I was 31, my ex husband and I went through a rough divorce, I was still smoking pot really heavily (around 1 ounce a week) and was on medication for anxiety, depression and insomnia (Xanax, Celexa, Ambien) I took those meds for about a year and have met a GREAT man! We are planning to get married in April 2013.
He asked me to stop smoking pot (and I did) and get off the depression medication & stop smoking cigarettes. I did most of that, the cigarettes are a hard habit to kick. I am working on that right now as well.
Spice became the substitute for pot. He smokes spice as well. Started out about 1 to 2 grams a day, we were up to 3-6 grams a day. (between the both of us)
But here is where it all came to a head....I got sick in April 2012 with bronchitis and a sinus infection. I've had a rough time since then with my health. Lots and lots of mucus build-up, no energy, restless nights full of coughing fits, hard to breathe, just taking the stairs at work makes me winded...and that is not like me at all! After a couple rounds of antibiotics, that did not work, this sinus/bronchitis stuff hasn't gotten any better for me. Went all through May, June, July, August and September-lost my voice for 4 weeks from coughing and have fractured my ribs from having violent coughing fits.

About a month ago, my boyfriend started showing the same symptoms, cough, congestion, etc....
He's been having trouble sleeping as well. He works nights so he has to sleep during the day, which is hard, so he found himself up about every hour to smoke spice to go back to sleep. I found myself the same way after a while...up every hour to take a toke, just to go back to bed. Thats when our intake went up to 3-6 grams a day. Routine was usually...get up, smoke, do something, smoke again...lunch, smoke again, activity-whatever, smoke to do that activity, then dinner, oops, gotta smoke again to eat dinner...This sucks seeing it as I'm typing it.

I seriously feel like I'm rambling....

Sunday-we decided to quit together. I coughed most of Saturday night, kept us both up, when we got up Sunday, we both said we have to get our health back.
Sunday night-I couldn't fathom going to sleep, so I took an Ambien about 7pm-to make myself pass out and not deal with cravings all evening.
Monday (yesterday) was rough. Hot/cold sweats all day long at work, and when afternoon came, the cravings were horrible. What really sucks is I pass by the little store on my way home...and I eye it...who's there in the parking lot, so easy to get, just over the counter at the local smoke shop....BUT I passed on by yesterday and I came home and layed on the couch for 3 hours and did nothing. I had no motivation to even move. Took a shower about 8:30, another sleeping pill then went to bed. At least I let the motivation to do nothing overcome the craving to smoke I'd have to say I'm proud of myself for that.
Tuesday (today) I slept good last night (because of sleeping pill) but woke up with cravings still. I haven't done crap at work today except look at forums with spice withdrawal and decided I really needed to post something.
Even if this is not really a question....just a statement..that someone else out here is going through it too.

Well maybe I do have a question, what are someone else's experience with symptoms of withdrawal from Spice, does it get better, and how long duration?
I loathe the thought of going home today, because I feel the cravings will drive me nuts this evening...

Thank you very much for reading.
(My first post did not go through so I apologize if this is posting twice)