Notices

Positive mornings.. rolling into scary evenings..?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ba**ysMama

Positive mornings.. rolling into scary evenings..?

Hi all Just curious if any of you in recovery have experienced those days that start out with an incredibly clear positive mind, & you have absolutely no desire for a drink, but by the middle of the day.. you've caved..& by the end of the night, you're drunk...

It can almost seem as if the better your mind started out that day, the more the disease or demons attack..

..I'm having a pretty good morning so I'm trying to be cognicient of my tendency with this "phenomenon", so to speak..so I feel that by posting about it right out in the open on SR may be a good way to avoid it..

So... thoughts, experiences..?

;-)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have more control then you think. Only you can make your hands move to pick up the bottle and drink.

You probably used to cellebrate good things happening in your life with drinking, you have associated it. Replace it with giving yourself something else more healthy, a candy bar makes me happy these days when I feel good ;-)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, BarrysMama.

I think most of us has this "phenomenon", when you start a brand new day with new hopes and positive mind, but all monor and major troubles during the day suck energy and self-belief, so you end up your day being beaten up by life and go back to your old habits. So it is better to hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst). Planning ahead such evenings helps a lot.

Have a good day.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I do not know too many alcoholics that have not had some variation of what you discribe. In fact I can think of none.

I know for me I usually felt so bad in the morning that I did not want to think about drinking but at the end I had to drink in the morning to keep from withdrawing no matter how I felt.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ba**ysMama

Thanks guys I guess because I was the type who went for times of abstinence from it, I would recover again to the point that my body popped back into a normal state and thus thats when the mental cravings returned..

..I have wondered if maybe by the time I had chemically balanced back out (which I know takes time after a binge..), & the initial "seratonin drain" from the drinking had subsided..if this was where I hit this point... it's crossed my mind atleast..
Old 10-22-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi i feel just like you, positive morning and then at nightime the habit is crawling back... but Im sure we are stronger than we think and Im struggeling a bit tonight, but i wont let it win over me tonight... so im planning to do other things, make nice food, drink tea, read an book xx