Notices

Only Smoking Weed.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Only Smoking Weed.

Gah, I'm confused.

So I used to socially smoked marijuana with my friends and I never seemed to have much of a problem at all with it.

Last year I first tried the drug DXM, and I "fell in love" with it. It quickly however got out of hand and before I knew it, I was doing it every day, shoplifting it too. I was VERY psychologically addicted to it and I went to rehab 3 times within 6 months and relapsed on DXM all 3 times.

I've been off of DXM for 4 days now, and I'm thinking about smoking weed with my friend sometime this week. A part of me feels like I benefit from moderate marijuana use(helps with my anxiety and depression, increases my appetite, makes me feel motivated). However another part of me is scared I will end up doing DXM again...

Does anyone have any experience with quitting "hard" drugs and then being able to just smoke pot? Or if you think its a bad idea.. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jake

Weed was my first drug and my first addiction.
I destroyed my life as much on pot as I did anything else later on.

It fed that same part of the brain that allowed to me to run away, to escape, to be someone else...thats very enticing...

and then it turned on me and took over my life just like every other addiction I've ever had.

I was the problem.

Until I realised & accepted that, and worked on it, I was doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Different drugs, same mistakes.

D
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks dee! I get the message.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I agree with Dee on this one. For me as well, it really was the beginning and introduced me to my love affair with escaping reality.

It doesn't matter what I take or consume. In the end they all do the same thing, shift my reality to allow me to escape and not feel or deal with the situation or emotions I am experiencing.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Welcome. My drug of choice is Marijuana but I addictions to DXM, Benadryl, and alcohol as well.

It's a bad idea. All roads lead to drug of choice. You can beat around the bush with other stuff, but its only a matter of time before you go back to what you like the most. In fact, my addictions to DXM, Benadryl, and alcohol all developed because I figured I could use them socially and stay off the pot. In reality all I did was end up smoking weed again while also having to maintain more addictions at the same time. It was a disaster over and over again.

Eventually, I had stop all substances and join a program of recovery so I could live a clean and sober life and do it comfortably. Thats the best idea.

Also we have a good thread going with our experience, strength, and hope with Mariuana addiction. Check it out: Marijuana anyone?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If I drink I want to smoke weed, if I smoke weed I want to drink, it goes both ways and so I can never use either one ever again, don't try it.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ummm, what is "DXM" ??? (I'm old....)

Glad you're here.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Originally Posted by 427 View Post

Glad you're here.
Dextromethorphan....I took it OTC in Robitussin.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 427 View Post

Glad you're here.
It's a type of cough suppressant, like Robitussin. You can get high off of it. It's why they keep it behind pharmacy counters here in Mass now.

Anyway OP--Trading one addiction for another NEVER work. Weed was always my "go to cure" when I was trying to beat another addiction but that can easily become an addiction in itself, I know they say weed isn't addictive but it is at the very least psychologically addictive.

Plus weed tends to make you unmotivated, lazy, tired, hungry...I found it almost impossible to be productive when I was a daily weed smoker.

I just think when you have an addiction it's too easy for any mind altering drug to get out of control.

I never had an addiction to weed persay I just had an addiction to anything that kept me from feeling normal.

I just think it's important/vital for our recoveries that we learn how to deal with life clean, sober and with a normal state of mind. Otherwie we're just kidding ourselves.

Also weed tends to have a "everything is whatever" effect for me so I'm more likely to do something (like drink or take other drugs) without really thinking about the consequences.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
The User

Define : Insanity = Repeating the same behavior over and over again and expecting different results" Believe it! There is no going back to weed and not in turn repeating the same behavior down the line. I used to not believe it when my peers told me it a "gateway drug" now i reflect, its exactly that. Being sober n getting natural highs from activitys and experiencing true emotions; Now thats the way to get the best high in the world. "Higher State of Conciousness"
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NAIOU

What ever works for you. Good luck. Logo