Notices

Time flies!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time flies!

I made a few posts today here and stated that "I was almost 5 months clean". Well I just realized today's date and I am actually right on the money. 5 months ago today I left the soul sucking narcotic pain meds behind. I won't say I haven't looked back once in a while but the occasional whispers of the opiates that try to remind me that "just one won't hurt" are quickly silenced by the fact that I am free and I am loving it! I still have back pain and I'm only getting 6 hours sleep a night tops but it's all very much worth it. A ten year habit is gone and now I am 5 months into the latest (and so far greatest) chapter of my life. I'll probably alway be an addict inside so that means I'm never going to get cocky about where I'm at now. I have so much gratitude to have finally broken the chains that bound me. It didn't seem possible in the beginning but to all those with doubt, freedom from addiction bondage is possible and you'll feel like you won the lottery when the worst of the WD's are behind you. Hang in there and keep the faith because you are ALL worth it! Peace and good times.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

5 MONTHS IS AWESOME FMTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are one of the ones on here I look forward to hearing about and from!!! We have been on this journey together, and we are staying strong. Keep up the great work, and I agree with you 100% that freedom from the addition bondage is possible!!!!!!! At times I never thought it would be. Great work!