Positive thought for today....

Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Positive thought for today....

I've been obsessing a bit over the xabf and the new gf and ran across this today on someone on my FB page. I have to keep reading it so it gets stuck in my brain. Thought I'd share it...

There are some things that you’re just finished with! So stop turning around and looking back. There are some bridges that you should never cross again.

Be real...you simply can't put humpty dumpty together again. Your past should be just that...your past. Whatever you earned or learned, loved or lost, bought or sold...it can never be the same...that time is gone forever.

Embrace the pain of letting go of that which is not good for you. Step into it...you're stronger than the pain. You can survive, and you will thrive again. Get off of the emotional roller coaster, and take back your mind. Stop the rewind button, and use the memories from your past to build a better life. People and situations show us parts of ourselves that we could never ever see by ourselves. Seek the wisdom, learn the lesson, and move on. Always remember despite how you may feel ~ you have something special ~ you have GREATNESS within you!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Itsmylifenow

The obsessing will subside and life will continue bringing you people and new adventures.

I thought I would obsess all my life but NO! time, SR, therapy, life in general has brought me to better places emotionally.

I still got many issues and episodes but at least, regarding other people´s lives, I am becoming better at NOT COMPARING their life to mine.. nor thinking I am "less than" anyone...

Count your blessings.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I was obsessing a friend quoted to me:
"We often times drive our car constantly looking into the rear view mirror and then wondering why we keep crashing into trees."
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, I needed that today.

I was obsessing last night over some absolutely cruel and demeaning things my axbf said to me months ago... it happened last night because I went out on a date and I felt all of these insecurities just flooding me with pain.

I need to let go of this pain... I've been trying but clearly am not there yet.