Notices

For Those With Bad Dreams

Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For Those With Bad Dreams

Are they about specific past things or just weird trips? Mine go back and forth. I think one thing about drinking I did not think I dreamed but turned out to be the worst nightmare of all.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hexipuff

Mine all seem to be historical or violent. I have very vivid nightmares.

Having said that now I am sober I don't really remember my nightmares/dreams any more
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dreams should be like spiders - in that they should be more scared of us, than we are of them.

Mine vary - from very lucid flying dreams, always in the dark through the night sky and I go to fantastic places. The scary thing in these dreams is of course that they feel so real and although I know I am in control, I'm not. I can't even come down without a huge mental effort.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Mine are all over the place...from specific using dreams to having a crazy one last night about Abraham Lincoln and bumper cars with laser tag. Don't ask me how that all connects. My subconscious is like Mr. Toad's wild ride.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I have flying dreams all the time! And dreams where I can breathe under water. That's quite common.

And yes I totally get the not being able to come down from flying...like I control going up but am unable to figure out how to get down.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dream about toxic people from my past. Not really nightmares but dreams that get to me.

Most dreams that I consider nightmares are always where I am running from someone or something. I never see the person's face or body that I'm running from though and usually wake up right before they "find" me.

I'm not scared of my dreams but I believe, for me, that my dreams usually have to do with my subconscious. My panic attacks almost always occur while I'm sleeping -- I have to be super stressed out during waking hours to have one.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

flying dreams are supposed to signify that your really happy! that';s what i've heard in the past anyway!

my dreams are always really stressful.. they're about people who I really want to see but can't, or i've done something really wrong and get caught out ... or everyone hates me.. etc etc all my fears basically... i hate them, if there was a pill i could take never to dream again I would..
Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluegem View Post
flying dreams are supposed to signify that your really happy! that';s what i've heard in the past anyway!

Aha - that explains why I haven't had one in a while then bluegem :>)
Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mine last night was I was being attacked so I flew away but got caught in a web in the air. The more I fought the more I got caught. I have connections I think with my addiction.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your dream made me think of the big nets that those Wildlife Expert Birdy people put up to catch little birds where they weigh them, tag their little legs and then release them again.

You did escape though Fitz and are here to tell the tale thank goodness :>)
Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Earlier on in my recovery I used to dream I was drinking and hiding my booze from hubby. It was horrible like the feeling towards the end of my drinking, I wanted to stop but couldn't, back and forwards. In the morning when I woke up I honestly thought it was real when I woke in the morning.
Thank goodness it wasn't.