Notices

Switching from methadone to suboxone

Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Switching from methadone to suboxone

Has anyone made the switch from methadone to suboxone and if so any details about the transition. I myself no longer wish to be on methadone and seriously thinking about making the change.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

im going thru same thing in janurary i'm lowering from 70mg to 50 then two weeks later 30 then off and start suboxone 2days later requiring a week off work. I'm soooo scared but doctor not willing to taper from methadone only from suboxone, because less risk of relapsing. don't really have advice but can tell u I'm going for it.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Kay and and again to you scared.
On this S/R site I have not read of any methadone to suboxone experiences.
I personally transitioned from codone use to suboxone.
As of now I am and have been tapering very long and slow trying to avoid discomfort.
I personally feel the subs have helped tremendously. I have no cravings and feel quite normal. Also I am at a very low dosage. Began sub treatment around this time last year.

scared is switching under doctors orders. I have read of folks considering what you two
are considering,as well on other sites. Unfortunately success stories are non existent, which is buggy to me. Perhaps those who succeed do not come back and post about it.

I am currently dosing .25-.50 mgs of subs, skipping up to 5 days now. Soon as I feel a little jumpy,muscle cramping,etc. that's when I dose a little. I'll be more than happy to shout to the world, that I am free of all this and did it without bouncing of the walls for weeks. Hoping the same to you and anyone going through this.
Best to you all.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wink

if there are not any posts then ur probably right, but it would be useful if they did succeed to tell others I will definitly document what i go thru so that there will be some information. and please to kaykraszewski are you doing this switch under doc's supervision ? and what makes you want to be off methadone if you dont mind sharing. because i would like to find out more. I found it worrisome that most taper 8mg at a time but my Doc said no why do it slow get it over and done with so i can begin my taper as i have been clean and he sees how serious I am about staying clean. Best to you both
Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The methadone to suboxone transition
Wait as long as you can biffore taking suboxone the recommended time from stoping methadone to taking suboxone is not long enough
If you don't wait long enough you will be forst in to full ratel in seconds
2 days of methadone Ito be sure
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

methadone to suboxone

I went from prescription methadone for pain management to suboxone. I went to detox but they wouldn't take me until I was in full withdrawl from the methadone. I went in on the 3rd day off of methadone and they started me on low 2mg doses of suboxone the first day. That day was the worst. The second day they gave me 8mg 3 times a day. It did get better but you absolutely cannot start suboxone until you are either in withdrawl or off methadone.