Notices

Day 5

Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Hi,
Went to the cinema last night so that got me over my first Friday without booze. DH works away from home during the week and arrived home yesterday evening and I just got angry at the site of him. He is such a good person and always a gentleman were I am concerned, but still I just get so angry and I am not really sure why?

I have a visit to an addiction councelor on Tuesday and will have to see if I can get to the bottom of this anger towards him. Has this been the case for anyone else? If he was a bad person and father one would understand it but he is truly such a good person.
Today I plan to go shopping and staying away from the house for a few hours as Saturday was another drinking evening. Feeling a little anxious today f--k this addiction.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi from across the little Irish Sea,

I haven't had any councilling, the Doctor offered me help from the being, but as I had people willing to help and suport me through the church, I decided against it unless I felt I needed it, thankfully I've done OK and haven't gone down that route.

I guess this guy is there to help, sometimes I think we don't want to accept help, we just want to let out all these feelings that we have hidden behind whilst descending down into the deep mire that is alcohol addiction and it makes us angry when people don't seem to be listening or we just can't get out our true feelings or express them in words that make sense.

Does he just listen to you or does he try to tell you what you should be feeling, has he been there at the bottom, if so he has experience and can help, maybe calmly ask him some questions, after all he is there to help you.

All I can suggest is go in there with an open mind and try to stay calm.

Keep going, it is hard at first as all these feelings are so new and we do just want to scream at the walls sometimes, I still do, I wanted to this morning, but I put on my music, calmed myself and just got on with it.

Wishing you all the best for the weekend.

UR>
Wayne
Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im on day 5 as well! The weekends are so hard! Good luck!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Wayne,

He is the kind of person that would be saying well good luck and see how it go's you can only do your best. He is a social drinker and would only go out to the pub once or twice a month. Today I was thinking I might be a little jealous of him being able to social drink.

My self I always had to drink evenings only and that would be Thrusday to Sunday. Today is the hardest so far. leaving again now to go to my sisters can't seem to sit about the house at all.

Yes lilgolden the weekends are surely tuff..