Notices

Day 3

Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Morning Guys from a very wet Donegal.

Got up this morning and was feeling very positive and I was thinking this part of the week is easy as my drinking was only every done on evenings starting on Thursday evening and finishing on Sunday evening. So from tomorrow my real test will come.

My friend is hosting a buffet and girly night on Friday night (you know the kind of thing, makeup, hair, pedicure and manicure) for 10 gals and was on the phone to me, just bring yourself and a tipple of you choice. I surely don't think I will be attending but my tipple of choice now is sparkling water. sometimes I think I am feeling to positive and next thing thinking I will make it to Sunday and have a glass of red wine with my dinner.(crazy i know) I am not telling anyone my plan of quitting and saying I am going on a diet for a few weeks and giving up the booze to lose some weight for Christmas.

I do feel a little lighter in my step sense I decided to quit but sure I am thinking about it since 2007 and hoovering over these pages for years without posting. I now have two addiction counselors secured for next week and this is the route I prefer for now and maybe AA later on if needed.

Just one question am I acting to" positive" ?
Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes well done on 3 days..

Baby steps, dont try to take it all in at once. Just dont pick up that glass of wine, sometimes I know the feelings get so crazy strong. But they do pass. And I know I really had to fight them sometimes. But always felt proud and better by the next day. Waking up without the old friend hangover...

Keep at it, one day at a time..
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It has just dawned on my today is Thursday and i did not remember to get a bottle or two of wine.. Think i will go to bed early tonight.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good job, Black! Isn't it nice to have forgotten to follow your regular habit?

In my opinion, one cannot possibly be too positive.
Your commitment and positive attitude will help to carry you through the harder bits - sort of like riding full speed down the hill to get the momentum to make it back up.

Beats coasting down the hill and not even thinking about the rise ahead.
That's what I think, anyhow.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't think you can be too positive Black, as long as it doesn't lead to complacency. I know for me those drinking thoughts tend to be a bit left field too so just be aware, they may come just don't act on them. Well done on day 3 x