Notices

Passion for recovery

Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Passion for recovery

Hello,

Am new to online forums. A little confused and not sure what to expect. Am hoping I can find a new Passion for Recovery. I was lucky and blessed to have been given 4 wonderful years of pure recovery and sobriety. I became complacent and lost the passion for recovery and chose to go back out on opiates last year. Its been a stuggle to find my way back into sobriety. I want it so bad and want to be free of the obsessions. I am trying to branch out and find others who have shared similar struggles and find strength in their stories.

My name is Scott. I am 31. Am married to a beauiful woman in recovery who has 7 years free from drugs and alcohol. I, like many, started using pain meds after an injury and they quickly took over my life. They were all I lived for. In sept of 2007 I found and was granted a gift of desperation and finally became willing to do what I hadn't been willing to do. Got sober through aa and other fellowships that practice the 12 steps. I found peace and serenity that I never imagined. I loved every minute of those 4 years. After having a handful of kidney stones last year I had my DOC in my body and Immediately they took over like I never stopped.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Not sure if I did it in the right area or forum. I will spend time tomorrow on the site and figure out where to go and how to do this. I am so open to suggestions and support. I am struggling and feel so alone.

sk
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Scott

You'll find a lot of support encouragement and hope here - I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 10-05-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, Cuban28! I'm new here, too, but welcome. You've taken a huge step- deciding to quit. I know you can do it!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard the SR groove fest