Notices

anyone try the E-cig?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

anyone try the E-cig?

I'm sure there are people who will shout "that's not recovery!" And "cold turkey is the best way to go..." which I certainly don't disagree with either statement. However, just out of curiosity I was wondering if any of y'all have tried it... what are your thoughts on it? I'm skeptical about how healthy it is... not saying traditional smoking is good or anything, it's just been around for such a long time it's "tried and true"... I just have a bad feeling there will be a massive recall and some horrific side effects in time related to the e-cig. Only time will tell I guess
Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure what a e-cig is. I quit smoking 30 years ago but sometimes still dream about it.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I have one. It's in a drawer around here somewhere. I used it for a while, but it just didn't give me the satisfaction of a real cigarette. I tried going up to the next strength, but it was way too harsh. I just went back to cigarettes.

As far as I know, the e-cig is healthier than regular cigarettes. You still get the nicotine (the addictive part), but you don't get all the additives they put in cigarettes that cause cancer. I know it has worked for some people and they have eventually quit. It just wasn't the answer I thought it might be for me.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It worked for a while until the battery went dead and I realized it is a battery you have to buy off the Internet. Can't just pop into Walgreens at the last minute for an immediate fix. I will stock up on batteries and give it another go. I do hope to just give all of it up eventually! Good Luck!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i gave up 3 weeks ago and wouldn't have done it without my e cig.. i buy the disposable ones from tesco, that way i don't have to recharge anything .. i'm also sceptical about the healthiness of it, it seems too good to be true to me... but i'm going with it for now!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I gave up via ecig and quickly upgraded to a PV (personal vaporizer) best thing I did since quitting drinking!

Minimal harm, minimal cost, minimal intrusion.....pm me if you need help choosing devices! not sure if we can post website links on these threads?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had tried e cig, but I am not a heavy smoker, it is only for my curiosity. I think e cig is far better than traditional cigarettes. E cig could be our first step in quitting smoking, but we should eventually avoid smoking even if it is e cigarettes.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I read up on e-cigs\PVs for about 6 months before I switched and starting vaping in 2010 using the Joye eGo, I used that for about a year. Then I bought a Silver Bullet (from AltSmoke) and still use that, plus I just got a variable volt box called 'the VV gripper' (SmokTech). I use a 'dual coil tank' system for the juice.

I have never used the corner store e-cigs, but people have started out with those and moved on to the bigger\better PVs. My insane cough went away within two weeks and it took about that long to break the addiction to all those other things in the cigarettes.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Almost sounds like someone saying I still take cocain but the pure stuff without the crap dealers put in...

It's still a drug and it's still addiction. I'm on day 2, doing well. Was a bit weird with the Cofee this morning, I took deep breaths and asked myself, what good would it bring to smoke a cigarette?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

The difference is much greater than you might want to believe... & I am not telling anyone to use them, only that I use them after trying to quit smoking for 20 years.
Nicotine is a poison at certain amounts, but that is not what kills people, it's all the other stuff.
You cannot say the same for crack, meth, alcohol etc.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I've tried the e-cigarettes but enjoy real ones much more... but must quit.

Bluegem and/or Scolova... What's the best over the counter disposable that can be used right away. I've gotta try something because I don't think I can quit!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Kinda limited on over the counter \ corner store e-cigs; I have seen Blu & Njoy sold near me, but have never tried 'em... I'd probably go with Njoy, if I absolutely had to.

This forum is HUGE, lots of info, but most members use equipment bought on the web; E-Cigarette Forum
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I smoked for 13 years. Used the ecig for about a month or so and then i got tired of buying cartridges. So I quit and I haven't had a cig since. Really glad I have the ecig a try, probably couldn't have quit without it - but your results may vary.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dismember

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I have one. It's in a drawer around here somewhere. I used it for a while, but it just didn't give me the satisfaction of a real cigarette. I tried going up to the next strength, but it was way too harsh. I just went back to cigarettes.
THIS. E-cigs are really nothing like a real cigarette. I tried them for a month, and found I was using it all the time, much more so than regular cigs. Ended up going back to real cigarettes, which I finally quit again cold turkey last week.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Almost sounds like someone saying I still take cocain but the pure stuff without the crap dealers put in...

It's still a drug and it's still addiction. I'm on day 2, doing well. Was a bit weird with the Cofee this morning, I took deep breaths and asked myself, what good would it bring to smoke a cigarette?

Yeah but even if you stop smoking using stuff doctors prescribe there is still a very heavy chance you will get addicted to it. You wean yourself off the nicotine and get addicted to zyban.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Or champex!!! I've found a lot of young docs to be supportive of ecigs/PVs One keeps one on display to show patients!!!

Other govt funded feats are rexommended also by docs but they still contain nicotine too.

Vaping is viable.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
urban chicken

I went to a Blu back in April. Heavy smoker for 16 years, and I dropped the marlbs like a bad habit, lol!,

My docs are much happier with me smoking the ecigs. One day i would like to give it up all together but that is a thought for another day.

They arent for every smoker, Im just glad it worked for me.

roosta
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I smoked heavily for just over 20 years, I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago but struggled, then a bit over a year ago my neighbor introduced me to ecigs, I haven't looked back and carry my ecig everywhere. There is a very good community out there and quite a lot of options available. I use a device called a provari and use tanks that last me all day. It's become a real hobby for me now and it's way more enjoyable, satisfying, cheaper and healthier than analogs. I thought nothing at all would help my addiction. This finally has.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

i've just ordered my e-ciggie, looking forward to quitting this time!!! what ever it takes to give up the acursed tobacco is worth a try in my opinion, i mean we dont judge how others get sober!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am a vaper. I use electronic cigarettes. The ones you can buy at gas stations and mall kiosks are really expensive and not as good as what you can buy online. There is a whole community of us vapers over on electronic cigarette forum. It took me a couple of weeks of research to buy my first personal vaporizer. I started with 18 mg. of nicotine, and one year later I am down to the lowest level you can buy, 6 mg. I love vaping because you can get good flavors that actually taste good. Fee free to PM me if you want any advice on what to start out with.