Notices

Sober Saturday

Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday

Good day all I am feeling under the weather (think it's just a cold) but I am sober and clear headed and loving it. My roommate and other friends went to a college football game and started drinking at 8 am this morning. I suspect they will come back pretty loopy this afternoon. I have to admit I feel a little left out, seeing pictures on facebook and what not but I have no desire to be drinking. I know that slowly I will find my sober niche of friends and not feel so lonely. So I am going to make a nice lunch, do some apartment hunting and hit the bookstore. Then an AA meeting tonight. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AWESOME! Congrats! Blowing the weekend by drinking all day is really a great way to make sure you get the most out of a $35K+ a year education !

NOT

It sounds like you are on a the right path here, finding a new place to live, and being Sober on a Saturday, not having woken up and lost half the day to a hangover. I am so happy for you!

Being sober certainly has lots of perks! Might not always feel that way in the heat of the moment since it has less of a "Instant Gratification" appeal. But the benefits certainly add up over the long term.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A lovely post quitforme.
Keep going. It really is worth it x
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! A woman I met in AA just called and asked me to go get coffee, a perfect thing to do to get out of the house for a bit
Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You will start to notice that there are plenty of people who don't revolve their activities around drinking. Those are the people you will be drawn to.
You evening sounds well planned. Hang in there. You're not missing out on anything, other than a nasty hangover and who knows what else.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Thanks guys! A woman I met in AA just called and asked me to go get coffee, a perfect thing to do to get out of the house for a bit
Beautiful...When you see your roommate and friends all beat up and hurting...Give em smile for me...God I don't miss that.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Enjoy your sober day
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on a sober Saturday!

I am cranky tonight... all my friends are at supper club and just seen the facebook photograph of them all around the table with lots of Wine! All I see is large glasses of arguments and anxiety and hangovers!

Have a great evening
Old 09-29-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So true sapling and sugarfix lol I am home now, had a great time with my new friend. She gave me some helpful hints for early sobriety and we shared eachother's stories. So interesting how alcoholic's can open up to one another just upon meeting. We have so many of the same thoughts! Settling in and watching a movie now
Old 09-29-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you. Rest up. Hopefully you don't get a cold. Heres to a sober Saturday evening!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Quiteforme, you are FANTASTIC, Thanks for the thread. Slowly I'm beginning to actually enjoy the lonliness, it's really not that bad. I'm gonna make me something and watch John Carter for the 30th time . Pouring down raining here at twilight, I'm sober and lovin it. Have a good evening.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sounds like a great day!