Notices

First sober weekend in a long time

Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First sober weekend in a long time

I finally feel better after my terrible hangover. I did not feel normal after quite a few days.

I am not going to drink this weekend even though I am very tempted to kind of celebrate.
Something i worried a lot about finally worked out.

Weekends are just so hard sometimes. I feel so lonely and empty and kind of bored. I like to drink and chat and listen to music.

Have a good and sober weekend all my good sober recovery friends that care a lot and as well tell you the truth even though it hurts sometimes.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yo can do this roselian. I do know that it's not easy, but do know you can do it. What are you planning on dong to keep yourself busy and keep the booze away?I'm still a rookie at being sober(70 days), but I do know when I get lonely I can get a case of the "f it's". I plan on alternatives I advance, the gym, a movie, family, fried as, sober recovery, an aa meeting, etc.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roselian View Post
Weekends are just so hard sometimes. I feel so lonely and empty and kind of bored. I like to drink and chat and listen to music.
I went to a lot of AA meetings on weekends for that very reason early on....If I'm alone I'm in trouble....Put some good music on and hang out here at least....There are some great speaker tapes on this site...Listen to a few.

XA-Speakers - The lights are on!

Do whatever you have to do to not drink...Today....All you have to take care of is not drinking today.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm brand new here and this is my first day of being sober and admitting I have a problem. This is the most difficult day of my life. I'm shaking and I'm so scared. All I want to do sit down with a bottle of vodka and forget about everything I've done.

It's helped already to read the honest posts here. Thank you everyone. It helps to know that I'm not in this fight alone. Wishing strength for everyone.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you feel better.

And, there's no need to be bored on the weekend. Plan to do something fun, outdoorsy, shopping, whatever you'd enjoy. Have fun!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
I'm brand new here and this is my first day of being sober and admitting I have a problem. This is the most difficult day of my life. I'm shaking and I'm so scared. All I want to do sit down with a bottle of vodka and forget about everything I've done.

It's helped already to read the honest posts here. Thank you everyone. It helps to know that I'm not in this fight alone. Wishing strength for everyone.
Welcome to SR Vladimir...If it's possible for you to talk with your doctor about detoxing I'd recommend it...Just to be safe. Glad you are here!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! We've all been where you are today and we can offer a lot of support. Rather than grabbing the bottle, stick around here and we'll keep you company.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sapling. I'm going to speak to my doctor on Monday but I'm anticipating a rough weekend. I want to get better so badly. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sapling. I'm going to speak to my doctor on Monday but I'm anticipating a rough weekend. I want to get better so badly. Thanks for the support.
You're in the right place....Just do your best not to drink today...One day at a time. Do some reading and posting...Ask questions....You're in good company.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silly View Post
Welcome! We've all been where you are today and we can offer a lot of support. Rather than grabbing the bottle, stick around here and we'll keep you company.
Thank you silly. I'm hanging in. 4 hours awake and no drink. I had no idea what I've done to myself and how hard it's going to be to heal and get healthy. I'm so thankful for this sight already. Simple replies from caring people is already helping.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

By the way...If it gets too rough....seek what ever medical attention you think is appropriate.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
You're in the right place....Just do your best not to drink today...One day at a time. Do some reading and posting...Ask questions....You're in good company.
Wondering if anyone has suggestions to help me relax? I don't remember the last time I was totally sober so this is rough. I'll be on my own until this evening. I'm feeling extremely nervous, anxious, terrible, etc...I just need to make it through the day...I've been starting my day secretly with vodka for so long now that I don't know how to be normal anymore.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Roselian, glad you're feeling better and glad you don't have to worry anymore.
Try to get out of the mindset that when you're happy and have something to celebrate you turn to drinking. Sobriety is going to bring many more happy days so find an alternate way to celebrate and you won't be as likely to slip.

Welcome Vladmir! Sometimes it's one hour or even one minute at a time, but hang in there and keep going-lots to read here to pass the time and help you through.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend Roselian

D
Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

When I first quit drinking, I thought I'd never make it through an entire weekend. Now, my weekends are so full, I wish they were longer!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Keep it up. Those beginning firsts are so rewarding..
Old 09-30-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank God the weekend is over. It have been really hard to tell you the truth. I was extra emotional this weekend because I was dealing with some PMS right now. But I still feel good and positive about it. So I guess now the trick will be to continue being sober.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats Roselian-it can only get better as we get more used to it
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If it helps what I have been doing is finding things I was neglecting while I was drunk and tackling them sober. Anything to keep your mind and body active.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SR Fan

The first time for anything is always the hardest. Each time after that gets a little easier.

Proud of you for getting through both PMS and the weekend!