Notices

14 days sober with all of your help! =))

Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

14 days sober with all of your help! =))

Good morning it is 2 am here. So I would like to let you all in on my 2 weeks being sober. okay here I go........ The first few days were not so pleasant. By day 4 was feeling much better and by the end on day 7 was feeling great but like I said in my other post caught a cold but like I said I will take a cold over a hangover any day. I had lost 8 pounds the first 8 days which now I know it was water weight only because I only lost 1 pound since then. I am prescribed 4 1 mg clonazepam per day since 2003 because I suffered a very bad, scary panic attack. Also would like to include when I did drink starting around 5 pm I would take half of 1 around noon time and not take any while drinking to get skunk drunk. I started really drinking in 04 and only had quit on and off for about 6 months in all these years like I said on and off. The good news with these 14 days I can honestly say for me with out drinking I take a half in the morning and almost forget to take a half at night so 1 mg a day if I remember or it is half. Yes for me the drinking was causing more anxiety as I see. Even when I did drink it would be 1 1/2 in the morning and half around noon time then at 5 would start drinking and the same routine everyday. Still was not taking 4 a day. I could have went to my doctor and said I don't need this many a day but with no medical I rather break them in half and save them so I don't have to see my doctor for refill after 6 months because it is 120 per visit for me to be in and out of there unless I told him I am feeling something not good. So without alcohol for me I don't need more than 1 pill if I remember to take the other half or else half but usually the fear of panic attack comes in and I will take the half at night. So for this week what can I say I still have a little bit of a cold.... Like I read in other posts feeling so tired during the day sleeping for 4 hours and here I am at 2:20 am wide awake. I have not been walking because I just been feeling tired for no reason this week but besides this I don't mind waking up with a little cloud in my head which is during the day also. I do feel so, so much better and I am going to keep it this way. In the matter of 2 weeks so much has changed with me talking to my family and playing with my son instead of being closed in a dark room asking myself ..... ok what did I do last night I don't remember. I have a drug test for a job a good one also today and if I pass which I know I will I start Monday Last time I did a drug was Marijuana in 2003 which led me to the panic attack and that when I quit that instantly after I came home form ER. Panic attacks are the scariest things EVER. All good things are happening and how come I never realized this? Well I am a ALCOHOLIC! So thank you all for reading and being here for us new comers. You are my rock! I will post on my sobriety in a week. Hugs to all of you!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy for you clight, its so awesome reading your progress. You help us as much as we help you.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats, man! It's great that you're playing with your son again!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you

I am glad your feeling better. 2 weeks awesome keep it going. It truly just gets better..
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 2 weeks clight

D
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! I know how terrifying panic attacks can be.. suffered with them for the last few years, thought that alcohol could fix it.. but I think this living sober thing is wayyy better.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two weeks!! I remember when I thought I couldn't get through two MINUTES!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy