Notices

wake up call

Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wake up call

Hi everyone!

I am on day 2 again after having a very rough drinking week last week. I had been telling myself that I could control the amount I drink, limit drinking to only weekends, not let myself lose control, blah, blah, blah. None of those things are true for me. So, after a very bad day on Friday when I had been bingeing for 2 days and came down with another migraine I decided I can't do this to myself anymore. Not unless I want to lose my job and ruin my life and the lives of my wonderful kids. Then this morning I woke up and it just hit me. I don't have the right to drink when it negatively affects my children. I am their only source of stability and I do not have the right to rob them of that because of my drinking. I think I gave up the right to drink at all when it got so out of control. And that's OK with me. I don't want to be out of control. For me its all or nothing. So here goes. I know I can do this. Thanks everyone. I just wanted to get that off my chest.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You can do it! We are here for support, so stick close and let us encourage you.

We DO recover!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back ca
so what's your plan now?

D
Old 09-23-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do it ca. If I can, you can. The beginning is tough, as I'm sure you know, but it does get better and it is so incredibly worth it.
I am also my children's only source of stability and it feels so good to be a good role model for them and know that I am finally doing the right things. You will find your way, too
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I echo Dee's sentiments--come up with a real plan to stop it. All those realizations you made are excellent and for all the right reasons. However, the urge will strike again, and you need to have some armor on this time. Personally, I use a personal therapist and lots of exercise. Lots of groups to attend, too, if you feel that route is what's for you. That determination you just exhibited should allow you to be realistic and come up with some real actions. I am wishing you luck!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're motivated to stop drinking.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. I have already seen my doctor and will see my psychiatrist next week. I am going to make an appt with my counselor tomorrow and start looking at therapies that may help. I've recently started an excercise program that I only feel like doing when I'm sober, so I will throw myself into that. I am learning about AVRT and I will look into AA soon. Nothing is going to be out of the question. I want every tool I can find to fight this and put it behind me for good! Also, I will be on SR every chance I get for the next few months. You guys are wonderful! Thank you so much for the support.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sounds like you have a great attitude, ca. That is very important. Best wishes to you in your recovery. Looking forward to hearing how things are going. You CAN do this!