Notices

epic fail leads to a good thing

Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

epic fail leads to a good thing

Hey all....I have hit rock bottom (as I have said before) BUT this time I am going to do something different I enlisted a friend for help and am hopefully getting a bed at an inpatient rehab tomorrow morning. At this point, I know I can't detox on my own. I'm out of my prescribed xanax which I was using basically to just get me thru withdrawal each day so I could function at work. I know if I try and do this on my own I will fall back into my old ways. My friend took me to a hospital tonight but they didn't have detox. My heart rate and BP were high which tells me I am in some serious trouble (usually they are low). AND I drank all day so that's REALLY bad. What made me decide to do inpatient? Well...nothing else has really worked thus far. I become severely anxious, self medicate and the cycle keeps on going. Also, I am usually very functional but missed work today due to drinking. Last thing I remember about last nights shenanigans was putting dollar bills in a chicks panties at a strip club. Can't tell you how I got home or how my license and debit card ended up in my car when I didn't start the night out driving. Did I drive?? Seriously scared the effing crap out of me. And yet I still drank today when I woke up which is also new for me. My issue has progressed to a point in which I don't think I will live much longer if I continue. Thanks for reading and just for being here. Probably can't have contact while I am in detox but will follow up when I am out
Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you know, i didn't read your post, but an epic fail always put me in a better place (so far)
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are getting help. You are worth it. Take advantage of it and keep us posted.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way...For both of you.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done I hope you get that bed.. It can keep you from yourself and as long as your open minded and honest can really give you the head start and tools to begin a sober life..

On a couple of detox trips I always had really high BP and Hr also it scarey. Usually at a complete rest when it would be 189/160 and 132pm.

Glad your doing it safe...

Keep us posted and best wishes..
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck!!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're getting help Quit - keep in touch when you can

D
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good for you, quit! Treatment helped me so much......I hope you can get in tomorrow!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck bro. Give yourself to god. I know it sounds cliche believe me i fought it tooth and nail for a very long time but I'm at the point now where thats all there is left. Just be humble. It will play out how its suppose to. Listen to what they say. Not everybody is out to hurt you.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you! Remember this is the last time you will have to go through this. It will be hard but you can do it and come out on the other side. Life awaits you!