Notices

Triangle Meeting - what is it

Old 09-16-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Triangle Meeting - what is it

I'm planning to go to my first meeting and I see one listed as a Triangle Meeting. What is that kind of meeting?
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Never heard of it. Is there a coding system listed in the meeting book? Otherwise I would call the local AA and ask them what type of meeting it si
Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never heard of it either....It might be the name of the group....The three sides of the triangle in AA are Unity...Recovery...And Service. Does it have a two letter code next to it like SP...OD...BB....ST?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No two letter code

Just seemed like a strange name. I know what the speakers meetings are. Most of the other names are either descriptive or have some humor.
I'll probably got to a speaker meeting to check things out.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The triangle is the symbol for AA...It's on the back of the coin....Or on the doors of rooms....Groups have all kind of names....A speaker or beginners meeting would be good ones to start with. They're all good.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I used to live in Costa Mesa and Newport Beach. If you are going to the meetings at the HOW Hall on Beach and Garfield, the Triangle Group is just the name of the group, and I've actually been to some of the meetings at that facility but it has been about 6 years. The Triangle Group is an "open" AA meeting, meaning anyone can come. A "closed" meeting means you must have a desire to stop drinking.

Each group has a name, like "early birds" for the 6am group, etc. The only real AA rule on the group name is that you shouldn't name it after a person, living or deceased.

HOW stands for Honesty, Open Mindedness, and Willingness, concepts you will definitely run into in AA.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I strongly reccomend big book step study meetings as opposed to discussion type meetings.