Tgif!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tgif!

I haven't seen a TGIF thread in months -- it's time!

TGIF because my work week has been a zoo! We lost two workdays last week because of a nasty storm, and I have one of those jobs where my tasks are as faithful as dustbunnies and dirty dishes -- they pile up whether I'm there or not and sit waiting for me when I come back. In addition one of my kids has been sick which has messed with my sleep and made me wonder how on earth I survived the infant years... (Lillamy, meet middle age. Oh, hai.)

TGIF because I don't have to do a darn thing this weekend -- we're expecting ANOTHER storm and I've already stocked up on batteries and flashlights and canned foods and am totally ready to hole up under a blanket in front of the fireplace and ignore the outside world for a weekend!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Lillamy,

good luck for the storm. And pat yourself on the back for surviving a week at work in the Zoo of life :>
Old 09-14-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just joining in to say TGIF! Because OMG.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TGIF!! Crazy week this week here too! Going to watch my 16 year old daughter cheer at the high school football game. A group of friends are tailgating before the game which I am looking forward to. Thank God I am still very close to my childhood best friend and we get together with our families often! Unfortunately she also married an alcholic, he hasn't gotten to the level of my AH, but we have a kindred spirit with each other.
Tomorrow I am meeting a good friend and we are going out to breakfast and a long bike ride to enjoy the beautiful day before winter is upon us!
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG is right. TGIF, because I came home a little early to check on my very sick kid to find water running down my freezer door and a standing puddle underneath and surrounding the fridge. Seems the water line busted and sprayed water throughout the freezer, which froze, then caused the machine to malfunction and stop - well - keeping things frozen!

I am going to cook everything up tonight to salvage what I can - we'll be eating salmon, chicken, and pasta for the next 4 days! Dogs included.

Unlike lillamy, I am not prepared for our next storm, so an early am trip to the grocery store is in order, IF the fridge works again after it defrosts. Or unthaws...probably a better word for it. And then I am going shopping for a new fridge.

What an afternoon!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tgif

Made it thru a week of work, MC with the Wife, and a great evening with my 2.5 yr old before he went to bed. Tomorrow is a brand new days, the Buckeyes play at Noon, and Sunday it's me and the boy all day - church service and then who knows what after that!

It will be chilly but the sun will be shining, so I'm going to embrace the beautiful nature and the birds and flowers that God has blessed us with.

Hope you all can find some bright spots in the weekend. If I remember correctly some are moving to new homes, some are having A's move out.

The sun will come out, in some form or fashion, for all of us. Just believe
Old 09-14-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TGIF! This is the first time in a VERY LONG TIME(27 yrs)I can relate to this phrase, because I am a nurse and have always worked the odd hours- nights, weekend shifts- so we didn't need a babysitter when the kids were young and in order to make more money(but seemingly never enough to keep up with my AH's spending). I am now working 2 part-time jobs where I can call my hours, making A LOT less money but finally with a sane work schedule. Can you tell I have a lot of "resentment" about my "sacrifice"? I know, I know, i chose to do it- while AH worked the cushy dayshift M-F schedule. I used to so hate the phrase TGIF, but not anymore! Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TGIF indeed! I'm hoping the storm Lillamy and Tuffgirl posted about waits long enough for me to get the 2 peony roots I bought into the ground and protected before it unleashes. I'm afraid the next couple weeks will find it getting too cold... Oh! and I gotta figure out how to fix and close my bedroom window tonight or tomorrow AM. It's stuck, stuck, stuck. :P
Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well I bought my own place and its very noisy but I am trying my best to ignore the 4 dogs and the ROOSTER I hear often!! Who has a ROOSTER in the city? oh well

I have also been very worried about getting a job, but the first friend I talked to said there is a vacancy opening soon in the company he works for and he sees chances for me to get there. We used to work together. I am about to send him my resume.

Its in a different state. I do not know anyone there but my friend.

In a sense, that's refreshing. No ex's, no alcoholics, no bad memories anywhere, just me and the cats and a new place to explore.

So it was a good weekend after all.

Trilogy a sane work schedule is worth more than money.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Another Friday, and this week I am TGIF'ing! I took the day off today so I could go shoot the kickoff of the annual balloon fair. Here's the dawn ascension with Mount Shasta in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
_DSC1188.jpg (18.7 KB, 63 views)
Old 09-21-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I will go to the launch site tomorrow morning for closer shots of the balloons. Then, on Sunday (which is my 50th birthday) I'm going for one last camping trip/photo shoot here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MiddleFalls_Panorama1.jpg (88.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Picture perfect falls!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In my old life it was never TGIF but OMGIF (Oh my god, it's Friday) because my AH would drink more heavily on Friday nights and weekends were sort of lost. I never knew what he would be like -- friendly, or distant or angry. Home or disappearing to the office to 'work' for hours on a Sunday. Life was so unsure, so unhappy.

In my new life (sans AH), I love Fridays again. Fridays I rent a movie and make a fun dinner for me and the kids, goofy things like Pigs In Blankets with S'mores for dessert. We eat dinner in front of the TV and watch our movie and look forward to a happy, sober weekend. There is no alcoholic cloud around us. It's so nice!

Happy 50th, LaTeeDa!!! 7
Old 09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great weekend, LTD! I miss balloon festivals. We don't have those here. As a matter of fact, I can't remember when I last saw a hot-air balloon in Alaska. Probably the last time I went to the state fair.

Looking forward to more lovely photos!

TGIF all!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tgif!!

The Buckeyes play again this weekend, so how bad can it be??? The boy and I will be watching "Go Bucks" tomorrow, then not sure what else. Wife has to work part of the weekend.

Hopefully we have decent weather and can spend some time outside.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

TGIF -- and we are seeing a bright shiny object in the sky today after two weeks of low-flying clouds (and other odds and ends -- no cows, but garbage cans, utility sheds, and fences) so I'm raring to go and hoping I'll beat the clouds that are supposed to move in so I can get some walking in the red and yellow leaves time in!!!!

The rest of the weekend will be spent in the usual glamour -- housecleaning, laundry, and nursing colds.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
TGIF -- and we are seeing a bright shiny object in the sky today after two weeks of low-flying clouds
What IS that thing? So bright...hurts my eyes!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Don't worry. It's gone now.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It's TGIF for me because I don't have to work overnight tonight - it is the first really cold night here in the Chi burbs and I'm gonna spend it under the covers, eating popcorn with my kids, watching a Redbox movie and just snuggling down.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Hope you did just that & enjoyed your night with the kids near the Windy City!