I'm an aunt

Old 09-11-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm an aunt

My sister had her baby yesterday, so I read on my brother's facebook page.... I don't know anything else. I feel physically and spiritually ill.

Please help me pray for the baby's health and safety, the poor girl is going to need it
Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers going up for you, the precious baby and everyone else involved.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out for the baby, and for your sister too, that she will find a better path and stay on it.

It's always harder to watch when there is an innocent child involved.

Hugs
Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you!

I was in a really bad place when I wrote that, but it's getting better. The dread of my addict sister with a little life, and the wrath of my family -because I'm not pretending this is wonderful- was really overwhelming.

Weirdly, I also wished I was still dysfunctional enough to pretend, because I had been feeling very much alone.

I thought of a gift idea: I can play piano pretty well, and so I've decided to record a cd of lullaby songs played by me. It will be homemade and low budget, but from the heart, and most importantly: not sell-able.

They let her take the baby home (to a friend's house, she still doesn't have an official home), so I guess the baby was born clean. I can't say what I feel is optimism, but it's not dread anymore.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My mom is an addict she is addicted to Cocaine she smokes pot all day and she did have a heroin and alcohol problem but apparently doesn't any more, I'm not sure if I believe that. Anyways she smoked crack and drank booze when she was pregnant with me and I turned out healthy. Her sister, my auntie never talked to her and I found her on Facebook 4 years ago she truly is an incredible woman but I harbor some anger for her not trying to be in my life she was healthy and had kids of her own I understand that, but even after my mom left when I was 4 and was with a father who had addiction issues too I wish I new her. She is my favourite aunt and she helped me understand my mom better. I don't no your story because I am new here but I hope u can get to know your niece I know when I found out I had aunty and a uncle on my moms side I didn't understand how they could turn me away as a child. I will pray for you and your sister and her new baby
Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Chrispywhisper for your experience. HA and cool username. I wonder also how it can work in the future. I'm sorry that you were raised with so much turmoil.

For now I am working on making myself strong enough to be able to face my sister one day and treat her with dignity and at the same time not get sucked into her illness. No contact has been the way to go for me the last year or so, because then I could ensure that I don't enable her and that I don't sanction her drug use in any way.

You have every right to be angry at your aunt for not trying to be in your life. Your post has opened my eyes a bit wider and has motivated me to find ways to be there for my niece. I don't think she's going to have an easy life.

Thank you!