Man gets final request to be buried in Budweiser CASKET

Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Man gets final request to be buried in Budweiser CASKET

Man gets final request to be buried in Budweiser CASKET | Mail Online

I cannot state as a fact, but I have a sneaking suspicion this man was alcoholic. For anyone to want to be buried in a cask with the look of and logo of their favorite alcohol beverage suggests alcohol has become God and the center of existence / universe. Wanting to be close to the drink even in death is bizarre.

If up to me, I'd use this story as an "anti drinking" symbol. Perhaps "Drinking is to die for' slogan.

Very sad.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

we all have our value systems...and our rights to worship whatever we want I suppose. as ridiculous as this casket is, hey, to each their own.
Some people want to be embalmed and put under ground in a traditional casket and that doesn't work for me either...yuck to embalming fluid period.

I don't know why I feel like playing devils advocate to this one. I mean, nobody gets out of here alive, be buried as you want to?
Sure reeks of low class beer to me though, lol
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
we all have our value systems...and our rights to worship whatever we want I suppose. as ridiculous as this casket is, hey, to each their own.
Some people want to be embalmed and put under ground in a traditional casket and that doesn't work for me either...yuck to embalming fluid period.

I don't know why I feel like playing devils advocate to this one. I mean, nobody gets out of here alive, be buried as you want to?
Sure reeks of low class beer to me though, lol
Yes, cheap beer.

My hats off to J.M.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

can i tell you my story....?

my husband was a ACOA sober all his life...died suddenly..
at his funeral wake, my in laws HANDED out tickets for the legion "up stairs bar"...he was against the booze AND of course the parents did not know this of their son

to make matters worse...I WAS NEVER TOLD(yet i paid for the wake and funeral)..
now that is arrogance of alcoholics thinking their son would wanted it like that...
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steve11694 View Post
Man gets final request to be buried in Budweiser CASKET | Mail Online

I cannot state as a fact, but I have a sneaking suspicion this man was alcoholic. For anyone to want to be buried in a cask with the look of and logo of their favorite alcohol beverage suggests alcohol has become God and the center of existence / universe. Wanting to be close to the drink even in death is bizarre.

If up to me, I'd use this story as an "anti drinking" symbol. Perhaps "Drinking is to die for' slogan.

Very sad.
To me, that's just ghetto.