Notices

There is a small problem with that thread being closed...

Old 09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There is a small problem with that thread being closed...

I read most of the comments regarding someones question on the use of marijuana. If someone brought this up and I missed it I apologize. But I have to say this.
Just because a drug is prescribed, such as...anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, painkillers, benzos...the list goes on and on regarding these drugs that our country "deems" acceptable are or can be highly dangerous! As alot of us know the dangers and experienced the withdrawls from these meds.
YET there are those who suffer from extreme mental and emotional disorders that do need something. It's a matter of chemicals yes, and can be very dangerous....(i.e. suicde) when people attempt to follow along others paths because they see that other people can do just fine with no "mind-altering" drugs. The point being none of us know how bad it is inside each others brains. The people on here, yes we are struggling and want to be "sober" that's why we are here. But I've read a lot of posts and people tend to think there way is the right way. When all of our brains function very differently.

Most people said because it's illegal that therefore...stay away. Good reasons for that of course, like staying out of jail.

But I live in Az and medically it is legal here, as in a few other states. I do hope that one day it will be medically legal in the us federally. It is safer then the pharmaceuticals they push on us. Just look what they do to our brains and bodies!! But they make so much money off of them, and people can grow a weed that they don't want to lose out on their prophet.

I'm not denying that there is a mental withdrawl. But so is there with caffiene and cigs. At least you can't OD on it or die from W/D's.

Now I personally do not smoke pot any more, nor have I in a long time. I am an addict and it is my choice to attempt and not put things in my body which will impair my judgement. But it is the only thing that ever helped my depression, and the pharmaceuticals that are legal-have ended me up in psych wards.

I don't know why I had to rant. And I am certainly NOT promoting the use of any substance. But it should be ok to discuss these things on a recovery forum.

I know this post may get shut down. I'm new to posting, though I've been on here reading for a long time.

Thanks to anyone who read this.

I think this website is great, and feel for all who have to struggle with this problem. Peace be with us all.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think I made it clear why I shut it down havfaith
I think the OP got some valuable feedback. It was discussed.

I'm sorry if you missed posting there.

I also think we need to recognize this is a recovery forum tho - and there are people here, fellow members, who are struggling with marijuana addiction right now.

I made a rules based decision...not a legal or moral one

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
I and the other mods have to try and consider the whole community. I think we get it right more times than we get it wrong.

I realise you're new.

If you have an issue with moderation it's always best to PM me or another mod tho and leave the boards for recovery

thanks
D