Notices

For anyone considering AA

Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up For anyone considering AA

This is a link to a recorded talk on the twelve steps of AA by a member named Earl H.

I think it's a great introduction talk for someone who may not be familiar with the steps, as he talks about all of them in one talk.

I hope it is helpful for someone. Have a listen and see if there is something that speaks to you. I really enjoyed listening to him talk. It is not long or boring.

Earl H. – from Studio City, CA Speaking on The 12 Steps at Sober Village 12 in Sonora Bay

Click this link and you will be taken to the page where you can listen.

5thTradition.org - "...to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers."
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love when an AA speaker can make me laugh.

On amends.... "Here is the money I owe you. Goodbye."

I wonder if at some point we could start an AA speaker permanent heading (sticky) at the top of newcomers so new people that might be interested in AA could at least hear some talks when they seek help at SR.

AA speaker recorded talk links, Listen to help see if AA might be helpful...something like that? I know it's been suggested by other members in the past.

I think it takes time to find the 12 step AA forum, and sub-forum, and these talks are helpful to listen to if someone might need help deciding on a program to use.

I think the recorded talks really give someone who might be afraid to go to a public meeting, a chance to at least hear the opportunity in the AA steps.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always love listening to Earls thinly disguised hyper ego working away with a life all of its' own. . .