Notices

Using opite to get off sub

Old 09-02-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Using opite to get off sub

Hi everyone, I really love this plce, I'm not here often but when I need it, everyone is always here

I had a terrible opiate habit and have been on subs for 4 months now. I don't need much of the sub, 4mg max, but I have abused it a couple times and I've had opiate relapses.

I took my last sub three days ago-probably jumped from about 4mg. I've been taking Vicodin to deal with the withdrawals nd its ok. My nicety level is through the roof nd I don't handle that well.

My goal is to be off of everything. I'm under a lt of stress right now due to a major, unexpected life change-not the best time attempting this.

I understand that I can not take any kind of opiate as directed so I need to get off and not even try.

Has anyone else tried to get off sub this way and could you share your experience?

I'll be out of Vicodin in the next 2 days then I have klonepin and cn use it for a couple days.

Thank you very much! Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I've never used any of the drugs you mentioned
.so have zero expereince.

Just wanted to say ..Welcome back...
and I hope this will be your time for lasting recovery
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Carol, thanks for the response. I've decided to,go back on the suboxone and get myself stable. I knew this wasn't the best idea and it's really been difficult. I wish I could stop trying it my way and listen to the doctors I have a tendency to make my life harder due to poor decision making.

Enjoy your holiday!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Dont beat yourself up.
It was really hard for me to 'accept' my 'fate' I guess that if Im not taking suboxone I'll be injecting an opiate, of some kind. AT LEAST for awhile. I do want off suboxone some day. But for now, I just gotta take a deep breath, and learn to live again.
Try not to be 'in a rush' to be off suboxone, for the wrong reasons. I sometimes think many people stay on just cuz they are scared of coming off of it.
I on the other hand, dont fear the detox, but the following months after. I still have no idea what I'll do when cravings come. Now when they come, I think, "it wont do a damn thing anyways''
So, Im just trying to give you a bit of a different perspective.
work on one thing at a time.
your doing great, it doesnt matter what anybody else might think.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

orcoast is right. I think suboxone treatment is not for people who are in a hurry to be "totally drug-free" all of a sudden. It can take months or even years to get to the point where you are ready to be off of subs for some people. Personally, if the suboxone is helping you keep a manageable life, I don't see anything wrong with being on it for however long you need to be.

There will come a time when you just want to be off of it all, and at that time, you'll plan a nice, slow detox, incorporating your doctor into your plan. For now, just try to get stabilized and live the best life you can. You can have a really good, pretty much normal life if you take suboxone as directed. I know I had a totally normal life on it. But I took it exactly as directed! I didn't try to get high. I think that methadone is probably a better route for those of us who are not ready to give up the high life but are trying to do it legally. Subs don't really get you high.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good luck