Notices

classy to trashy...

Old 08-19-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

classy to trashy...

While on vacation a couple of weeks ago, we were at this place that had all these cute tiki bar signs and one said "Start out classy, leave here trashy"-- my dh said, we need this sign for you. I kinda laughed, but it did hurt my feelings. because it is true.My drink of choice was obviously chardonnay, I mean seriously? whats more classy than the beautiful stemmed wine glass and the golden poison inside? that crap can seriously take me from classy to trashy in sometimes 3 glasses, sometimes more. the end result is most always bad and yet here i sit fantasizing in my head sitting outside on this beautiful day having a glass or two of it. im yelling at my av... shut the heck up! i know how wonderful i will feel once this craving passes. its purely emotional. i started the laundry, went to lunch with the kids and then for a hike, came home cut coupons, and did some more picking up. I am tired. but dh has left to do some errands and the kids have a friend over. i know this will pass, but i have to play that tape, that i am classy to trashy all because of chardonnay..
Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That was certainly true for me, too, Chard. Complete with falling off barstools & falling down steps. Ugh.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I can hear how that remark stung, but your DH is still with you, and this is a good thing. Those nights of questionable behavior can be all in the past, and I think that man of yours deserves that.

When that thought comes along about that long stemmed crystal glass, look at it for what it truly is - your passport to regret and embarrassment. Have a good look at this urge, examine it closely. You don't have to fight it at all. Recognition is all you need to do.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. Funny how the Little digs made regarding our drinking by significant others seemed so mean spirited at the time, yet the fact was they were such mild things to say. It certainly feels good to know those days are in the past.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Classy to Trashy for me, except, with a long
stem crystal wine glass with chilled dark red
wine to quench my thirst, switching to the biggest
cup I can find because I got tired of running
back and forth to the refrigerator to pour me
another glass of pure poison.

Of course I always thought I carried myself and
drank like a lady at the club because there were
comments frequently spoken from men to not cuss
because there was a lady present.

That was early in the evening until I walked out
of the club with an arm on some lucky dude thinking
I hit the jackpot. Boy was he the lucky pick of
night. :rotfxko

22yrs ago I entered recovery and all those pretty
stem glasses and huge cups are gone as today I
enjoy a delicious cup of coffee in the morning in my
Harley cup and green tea in styrophone cups
with a straw. Simple, Sober and Honest living.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

there is nothing classy about being too trashed to walk...holding on to furniture to keep your balance, ugh!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Classy well I have worked in fine-dinning for over 20 years. And have been able to see all the "classy" drinks make the worst of people. (me included of couarse). I can tell you one of the classiest ladies I knew at one place was a beautiful jazz singer that always refused a drink. Only to learn she was a AAer, and often I would see osme of her friends be their. They always were better behaved than anyone drinking a 15$dollar glass of wine or 30$ scotch.

Just maybe you would like to rethink getting back to the rooms and really working the steps this time.

Reminders never hurt.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...me-poster.html

Good love, Inda
Old 08-19-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awwww yes.......chardonnay.....I too loved it. I have quite a collection of wine glasses, but use them for non alcoholic beverages now. I honestly felt so disappointed in myself about drinking too much wine, that I don't look longingly at it anymore. Hang in there.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh yes. I always drink with the best of classy intentions and looking rather put together too-leave with no memory and a blistering head ache. No way to be and so embarrassing for my hubby as well. May the class remain and the drink go away please.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, that comment must have been kind of painful but good to keep in mind.

After all, who wants to be THAT woman who makes a complete fool of herself? I certainly did some embarassing things in my heavy drinking days, if I had a film of myself I would most likely cringe.

Like you, I drank a lot of wine. I began to replace my drinking with yoga, meditation, exercise and a lot of tea. I have lost some weight over the past few months and I also had some issues with acid reflux which have mostly gone away.

Keep it classy and I'll try to do the same!

xxxo
Old 08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wine. Expensive bottle. Swirl and watch the legs run down the inside of the Reidel glass. Wine. Gut rot. Pull the plastic liner out of the cardboard box, snip the corner and shove it into a plastic tumbler or red solo cup and knead the bag to get every drop. Nonblondechef. From classy to trashy to recovering. Cheers!!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can see how that comment stings, but there's a compliment hidden in it.

Pretty much everyone is trashy when drunk.
Not everyone is classy when sober...
Old 08-19-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

so agree!!!! thank you!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewHouse2012 View Post
Oh yes. I always drink with the best of classy intentions and looking rather put together too-leave with no memory and a blistering head ache. No way to be and so embarrassing for my hubby as well. May the class remain and the drink go away please.
alot of times i left without being put together, but my friends turned the other cheek..... never looked put together at the end of a night. god.... please help me!