Notices

Pins and needles

Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kza

Pins and needles

Iget these in my left hand twice a night and know it is alcohol related. How worried should I be?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

It's probably nothing serious. Are you still drinking, or are you in recovery?

If you're still drinking, get to a doctor and be honest with both the doctor and yourself. Do you want to quit drinking, or do you want to continue being worried for your health?

Things will improve if you face up to your problems and challenge them head on. If you're concerned about your health, make the appropriate changes to overcome those fears.

Life is about progress, so make the right changes and you'll no longer have to be worried, scared or anxious. Be honest with yourself and take the correct steps - you'll be happier and more satisfied in the long run.

If you ever want to talk my ears are open. PM me or reply on this thread and i'll help as much as I can. I will be on the forum a lot so keep me posted with your progress.

Are you actually striving for sobriety or are you skirting around the issue? It's a daunting prospect I know, but people on this forum are here for you and care more than you think.

If you have any worries or concerns, don't be afraid to voice them here or to a doctor. People are willing to help and support you through a tough time - we've all been there and understand. A sober life really is a better life.

Best wishes,
Jake from England (currently in Vietnam)
Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Erm, fairly worried. I can tell you from experience that it will only get worse if you carry on drinking. I carried on drinking after getting bad pins and needles in my arms and eventually I woke up and couldn't lift my foot up. Mine was caused by long term alcohol abuse and has gotten a lot better since I quit but I don't think the nerve damage can really be repaired.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd be fairly worried too.

I live with pins and needles anyway thanks to other conditions - it's not pleasant & can get quite wearing after a while...

have you seen a Dr? you could at least rule out if it's something serious or not?
D
Old 08-08-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yup the doctor is the way to go there. One put your mind at ease. And two if it is something you dont want to put it off.

I know this alcoholic will over think everthing , I truly do . Specially when I would detox oh my I cant tell you how many things I thought I had . :rotfxko
Old 08-08-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kza,

Try not to worry yourself, it is more than likely down to alcohol abuse which of course at the moment it is in your hands whether or not you can stop, which is a + point.

Definitely go and see a doctor though at the earliest opportunity.

Bruno..
Old 08-08-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I started getting pins and needles in my left arm towards the end of last year.

I was convinced it was drink related and that is what made me take stock of my drinking problem.

I am nearly 8 months sober now and the problem stopped months ago now.

I am glad I took it as my final wake-up call.