Notices

newbie checking in

Old 08-01-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newbie checking in

Hello all
New to the site and decided after some time I need some advice and help 28 years of age and scared I won't make it to my nex birthday think I have adrink problem well I know I do wake up say no drinking tonigh but have bad days a work and a beer helps me relax I don't ge drunk but drink frequent 4 or 5 a night nothing heavy but feel its going to ge worse - weekends I do drink more do not go out like I once used to getting drunk drinking all night I jus do no not know where to start at a lose really sorry for spelling using a blackberry seems a bit delayed - I welcome all comments and advise have thought about help classes but none local to me I feel as know I am alcoholic and need help before its to late but where do I start - hate my job used to love it boss is an ass always stressed and I do no know what else to do would like to be in touch with llike minded people - steve - london uk
Old 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Steve

SR was great for me - I knew I had to make major changes in my life but wasn't sure how to start. The support and advice I found here really helped me.

The first thing we all need to do is stop drinking. It's good to bring a Dr in on that if you can.

The second thing is support. You'll find a ton here - but if you feel you need more there's all manner of recovery groups around - there are some UK links at the bottom of this post here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

There's quite a few members here from the UK too so I'm sure they'll chime in with local knowledge

good to have you join us

D
Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Steve

I'm from the UK and have had support from AA and a local drug and alcohol agency. Your doctor should be able to tell you what is available in your area. Or phone Drinkline 0800 917 8282. I hope you find the support you need.

I'm 31 and have been sober for 5 months. I found it really hard to just stop drinking (I've had thousands of day ones!) but I found the support here really helped, plus a recovery method called AVRT (google the crash course if you're interested).

Glad you're here x
Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome glad you found this site.

It is a progressive disease, so its good to hear you thinking about it now. And dont have to waste all the years as I did. I personally use AA and SR , wouldnt be here without my program.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Steve,

I'm glad you're here and seeking support. I think talking to your dr is always a good idea before you stop drinking and definitely get rid of the alcohol in your house. You can do this!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Steve! You've made a great decision to take action now. I wish I'd done that in my 20's - my life would've been completely different.

Glad you joined us - there's always someone around for support and caring. You're on your way to a better life.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for he responses - any ips greatly appreciated
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Have you ever tried to get help for your drinking before Steve? x