Notices

new here....advice.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here....advice.

I have drank every day almost for the past 9 months and have realized its a issue and I need to stop...today is my first day of sobriety. Any advice? Withdrawals when to be concerned?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you decided to live a sober life. It's always a good idea to talk to your dr before stopping drinking because detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous. My advice is to get rid of any alcohol in your home and try to change your daily routines. I hope you take a look around here and feel comfortable.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Agree with Anna.. alcohol withdrawls can be deadly.. you should speak to a doctor about detoxing safely..

other than that, welcome! I've been on this site every day i've been sober, and it'll be 59 days tomorrow. As long as you really want to quit, you can do it!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krista22319 View Post
I have drank every day almost for the past 9 months and have realized its a issue and I need to stop...today is my first day of sobriety. Any advice? Withdrawals when to be concerned?
krista, what program of recovery are you using ?

You local AA chapter will be in your telephone book under AA. Call that number and you'll meet a lot of folks who have been down the path you are beginning.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Welcome!! I joined the Class of July (there's two days left)! It really helped to quit and be in touch with people who also were quitting in July. We all seem to be going through the same issues at the same time and it's really comforting and motivating to be able to share info and read up on how everyone else is doing/coping. Mind you a lot of the other threads are very encouraging and inspiring too. Good luck to all of us!!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard

As all I agree depending on your intake of alcohol, detox can be deadly. Doctors or the ER are there if feel like you need it, USE IT. I suffered and am blessed to make it thru to many home detox's before I went to the Dr.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome krista - you've found a great place. We all understand what you're going through. As the others said, be careful with withdrawal - I had severe heart palpitations & my blood pressure shot way up.

You'll feel so good when it's out of your system and you can lead a free life. Keep on reading and posting here - we care about you.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm not very good at giving advice but do want to welcome you. Glad you are here. There is a lot of support and helpful people with very similar experiences. You are not alone.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Krista

Go to see a doc first of.

I found AVRT really helpful (Google the crash course) and of course I would be lost without SR I second joining the Class of July/August. It really helps to get support from other people going through the same thing as you x
Old 07-30-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Krista.

Some great advice above - I know you'll find a ton of support and ideas here

D