Notices

I have found a substitute for drinking....

Old 07-30-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I have found a substitute for drinking....

Good afternoon all,

Well after a wonderful weekend just chalked full of goodness, now its time to start yet another week of daily living .

When I first came around to SR and then AA and was being offered a life of sobriety, I looked at the prospect and like so many asked myself. What am I to do without my best friend, am I doomed to live a life that will be boring, dull, and glum. I know if I care to continue to live , I need to move along and go on without the drink, but how can I ?

Well lucky for me I wanted to find out, and even after some slips I saw the light that there was something there. Not only a substitute for drinking but a all around way of living that would be full of joy, happiness, fulfillment, and definatly not boring. My answer came in the form of the fellowship of AA, that totally could release me from care,boredom,and worry. The spark in this old soggy brain was fired , I could and now see the most satisfactory years of my life yet only lie ahead. I am making lifelong friends in this, and will forever be bound to these great men and women with new and wonderful ties.

So many things have now come about due to just being open-minded and walking thru those doors and taking those great suggestions. Example was I have done so much work in and out of the rooms , that I really shouldnt even use the word work, I will now replace that with just simply choosing to do something fun, constructive, and ever so rewarding.

Do I still think of having a drink, No Doubt about it. All the time. For me that obsession has not fully been lifted yet. But I am able to think it thru the good part and remember what it really did and does to me, and all the people that care about me.And I remember its just a thought, it will pass, and all I have is today. Just today to stay sober. And I always wake up the next day feeling happy,proud, and just plain good about my choice to live this new life.

So whatever program you find and choose to work, please work it fully, and be active in your sobriety. Loan your time and energy to others weather they are suffering or not. Together WE stay sober, ALONE I will drink.

Have a wonderful Monday and Smile cause Sobriety looks good on You!!!!!!

Good love, Inda
Old 07-31-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

It was hard work but so worth it.