Notices

6 weeks sober

Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 weeks sober

Hey, 6 weeks sober. I'm just posting cause the initial high of quitting is beginning to wear off and sobriety seems normal now, just wondering if others felt the same around this time and what they did? Feeling a little lost and anxious. The first 30 mins after I wake up every morning I feel depressed but it quickly dissapears.

I don't have an urge to drink so thats good. Started weight training a few days ago so I guess that's one thing to occupy myself with, I just feel a little strange, and not sure why. Is this normal? Thanks all
Old 07-28-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryingtoquitnow View Post
Hey, 6 weeks sober. I'm just posting cause the initial high of quitting is beginning to wear off and sobriety seems normal now, just wondering if others felt the same around this time and what they did? Feeling a little lost and anxious. The first 30 mins after I wake up every morning I feel depressed but it quickly dissapears.

I don't have an urge to drink so thats good. Started weight training a few days ago so I guess that's one thing to occupy myself with, I just feel a little strange, and not sure why. Is this normal? Thanks all
Very Normal, some good days some bad days
Old 07-28-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes I had and have those type of feelings on days. For me a daily meeting does the trick.

Congrats to you and stay on the beam.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had that whole lost and anxious thing. I was beside myself and had to step up the support I had. I ended up getting support from a local drug and alcohol addiction agency and that made me feel a lot more hopeful. I think any kind of ongoing support is a necessity x
Old 07-28-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi tryingtoquitnow

I think most of us find that sobriety alone doesn't magically transform our lives forever - sooner or later we're bought back to earth by the ups and downs of life.

I always say that recovery needs to be more than just not drinking.

What sobriety can do, tho, is put us in the very best place for us to make those transformations we want to make...

no magic involved, but a clear head, a strength of purpose and some time effort and patience

D
Old 07-29-2012, 01:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on week 6 as well, and the fog is still there. I wake up, sit up, and stare at the walls for 5 minutes before I realize I need to get ready for the day... and slowly at that.

Some days though, I'll wake up at 5 am and run 10 miles... then go back to sleep. it's weird.

I don't recommend this, but I've been drinking a lot of red bulls and coffee just to feel normal.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kiddo

I'm getting that at three weeks. Wake up feeling terrible, like I can't get through the day. Getting to a meeting always helps, and having things to do during the day is a life-saver. I definitely understand the whole 'high of being sober' wearing off though - now I have to deal with how people feel normally...
Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm kinda sluggish in the mornings,

When i wake up it's often with a giggle as it's still a relief not to be hungover , then i like to flex my whole body bit by bit and wriggle my toes, not that wriggling my toes has much in the way of getting you body relaxed but it's nice .

Then i start my morning routine of getting ready for work .

I think the most important part for getting me optimisitic and in a good mood every day is being thankfull i'm not hungover, being thankfull i've been given the chance of another day to love, experience and make a difference when i could have so easy died or handicapped myself in the drinking days .

Bestwishes M