I did not make it

Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did not make it

I did not go to the meeting.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

There are other meetings. You'll go when you are ready.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ironically, my AD went with me to my first Al-Anon meeting. She knew that I was struggling. I had taken her to many AA meetings and she felt it would help me to attend Al-Anon. It did. You can find terrific support there when you are ready. SR is great too so keep posting if it helps.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's okay, there are plenty of meeting. Try and make it to another one.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a friend that is a nurse and works with addicts. I told her I have a hard time leaving the house. She said it sounds like depression is setting in. I am not ready for meds. I am going to try it with this site and going to Al Anon. Even at my worse point when I thought I was going crazy and could not live any longer, I made it. There must be a reason why I am still here.
Next meeting is next Tuesday. I REALLY want to go. hopefully with the help of this site, I will be able to not chicken out next time.
Thank you everyone.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Do you have a friend who could go with you the first time or two until you feel comfortable about going alone?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As, others have said there will be other meetings and keep in mind everyone at them were new the first time they went they have no expectations from you when you enter the door the have love and wisdom however.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by octoberrain View Post
I have a friend that is a nurse and works with addicts. I told her I have a hard time leaving the house. She said it sounds like depression is setting in. I am not ready for meds. I am going to try it with this site and going to Al Anon. Even at my worse point when I thought I was going crazy and could not live any longer, I made it. There must be a reason why I am still here.
Next meeting is next Tuesday. I REALLY want to go. hopefully with the help of this site, I will be able to not chicken out next time.
Thank you everyone.
BBM.

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes it gets so bad I don't know what's wrong with me. Isolating lends itself to more isolating, until you just feel completely and utterly alone. You're not alone. We're all here. Some days are better than others.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I'm sorry Octoberrain. I would go with you if I lived close to you. I wish you were here to go with me. Like others have said, there will be another meeting. You'll go when you're ready. Meetings are a good thing, really.
**************{Supportive Hugs}}}}}}}}
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up Octoberrain, I can't tell u how many times I promised myself I was going to make it to a meeting and didn't go just because I had isolated myself so much that the thought of going out almost put me into a panic attack but once I pushed myself to just go, it was so rewarding. Meetings really do work wonders. The calmness and peace I feel after one is amazing. I would definitely go with u if we lived closer together. I wish I had a friend out here that I could go with!! Just make it a point to go to the one on Tuesday and if u start to feel iffy about it, post on here as much as u need to cause u will get nothing but positive feedback and encouragement
Old 07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Many may not like this but I am going to say it anyway.

Go to the meetings for your son. Do it for your son! It's a very cody way to start, but if it gets you there, the rest will come. IMO, it's not how or why we get there long as we do. Once we get there and feel better, feel saner, feel stronger...the going back becomes for us.

Many people go seeking answers on how to "fix" their addicted loved ones but find out how to "fix" themselves. So it's not uncommon!!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

@ lovemenot - people go seeking answers on how to "fix" their addicted loved ones but find out how to "fix" themselves

I went to one a few months back. And that is what happened. I was going thinking they would all have ideas that they had used and they would tell me what to do to get my AS back. I flipped out! I was not ready to think of myself. The only help I needed was for them to tell me how to get my son back. Now I think I am starting to understand I need help too. I can not help him if i am like this. One day at a time!
Thank you. You all are so helpful.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi octoberrain,

I suffer from what is now only mild agoraphobia (it was crippling when I was a child and started after an extremely traumatic event). It has plagued me ever since I was 9 years old, and I have had to seek help to manage it. So I totally relate to how you and others feel about staying in the house, especially when stress is mounting.

I'm so glad anvilhead suggested driving by the place where the meeting is held to help soothe some of those fears because that's exactly what I have done! I figured it was just crazy ol' me. It works, it helps, at least it does for me.

The people at the meetings are so gentle and kind. They will welcome you with warmth and compassion.

Sending you blessings and wishing you peace.