Notices

DAY 4 and I wanna cave

Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation DAY 4 and I wanna cave

Im on day 4 off of Roxys and it really sucks. All I wanna do is call my guy and pick a couple up. Someone please help me out with ways to overcome this terrible feeling.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

STAY HERE and go to the chat room

Also welcome,I go for a lot of walks when I get edgy,
Old 07-23-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

I spent a lot of time on SR because I didn't want to cave - I got through a lot of early days that way.

You'll find a lot of support and ideas here

I gave years of my life to drinking and drugging...it takes a little while - more than a few days - to get used to not doing that - but you're going in the right direction...don't give up now.

D
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know I shouldn't. To be honest I went 2 years without realizing how hooked I was. Always thought I could just stop. That is til I tried the first time a couple months ago
Old 07-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If I think I have the urge to go drink, I just remember that it is my addiction that wants to go drink, not me.

I don't want to drink. I remember all the agony it caused. I remember the hangovers. I remember trying to go into work like that, probably reeking of alcohol. I remember watching all my money disappear. I remember wondering the next morning, how in the hell did I drive home last night without killing myself or somebody else. I remember all the things that I did that I regretted, with people I didn't even know. I remember that it is a miracle I am alive.

My addiction doesn't care about any of that. It just wants the pleasure of the drink. I can't blame it. It originates in the more primative pleasure seeking part of my brain. That's its job, to seek pleasure. It's helped the human species survive as long as it has by doing its job.

But I crossed a threshold with alcohol and became addicted. The good thing is, I don't have to listen to my addiction. I don't care if it wants a drink. Good for IT. But I'm in control of my legs, my arms and my mouth and I DO NOT want a drink because I know what the consequences will be.

No thank you. I think I will watch Wheel of Fortune instead and have a good night's sleep and wake up feeling good. THAT is better than any drink.

Have I ever drank and been glad I did?

NEVER.

Have I ever drank and regretted it?

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Oops! Just realized you were talking about drugs and not drinking.

Just replace drinking/drank with using/used and it's all still true for me.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome 30s......

There were times in the first few days that all I could do was get through the next second without drinking. I stayed in bed with my laptop, reading SR. It was the only way I could stop thinking about a drink.

Each minute you don't use is a step closer to freedom and a better life. We're here for you........
Old 07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I thank all of you for welcoming me and your support. I think I'll be spending a lot of time here.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Are you attending NA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Dirty30s....many of us really had to white-knuckle it for the first month or so! Like artsoul, I have spent several evenings in bed or the bath tub avoiding the cravings.

Look up urge surfing....it might help you. It did me.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Are you attending NA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
^^ do this.

Surround yourself with people that you can call on , and please keep posting here...
Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

don't do it 30... stay here and read the boards. I find that that really helps me. You don't want to go back. You are 4 days in. that's fantastic. If you get more, you could end up in another cycle and who knows when it will end. You've already made it this far.. keep moving forward.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just don't know what to do. My wife does them too and she won't quit no matter how much I beg her. My mind is in a million different places
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

30s - the 4th night was the turning point for me during my opiate kick. I was able to sleep unaided for about five hours that night, and day five was considerably better.

Keep your head up, and stick with it. In my experience, if you give in during an opiate kick (even taking a small amount) you restart the clock. If you use now, everything that you have gone through up to this point will be gone and you will be right back to square one.

Living with someone that is also using your DOC is a problem. Only you will know how to address the situation with the wife, but it is going to make recovery much, much more difficult to be around that.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

What Skeletoncrue said.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey 30's how are you holding up?