Is this possible detchement?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this possible detchement?

I am not sure if I have finally detached or if I just don't care anymore I am very confused. Most of you know I spent July 2nd and July 4th in my own pity party misery.

My car broke down Saturday and DD was with me I had taken her to meet her dad he was giving her some money the car broke down on our way home.
We called everyone we knew that was not working and could get no help after 2 hours DD called her dad who agreed to come take us home and help get my car in a safe place he did ask to speak with me he let me know he was running low on gas and would need to spend the night I was OK with that I just wanted out of the hot sun and home.

AH, did come did as he said he would he got my car in a safe place and drove me and DD home. We did not discuss his use, DD decided she was going to her bfs he slept in the same bed as me and yes we, were intimate and then he got up and went to work the next morning.

This, is the part that I am not understanding (yet grateful for)
When he left I was glad he was gone I figured there would be an emotional aftermath on my part but there has not been. I waited too post this figuring by now there would have been an emotional meltdown on my part.

Anyone, else been at this point?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Yes Angie, I have been there. But I really think I had just got a dose of my "fix". I would feel stronger and less attached after but for me, it wasn't real. I still had NOT done the hard work I needed to do.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LoveMeNot, very insightful!! Been there!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LMN, When I have a dose of my "fix" I have always been emotional after he leaves hmmm
now I am really confused I have been going to my meetings, am working step 2 in my workbook, I read Codependent No More again last night (with new eyes when I read it years ago I wasn't ready) also am using the Codependent No More workbook spent 3 hours on those things last night and a meeting.

Time will tell I suppose.