I am struggling today

Old 07-09-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am struggling today

Thank god I am going to see my therapist in..... less than 4 hours because I feel like I am losing my mind.

I do not know if I am strong enough to do this. I am a codependent and because my recovering boyfriend is not contacting me, I am freaking out.

He and I are both sick and this disease has haunted me since birth (father is a recovering alcoholic... been sober for 10 years)

I am raw because right now this is causing me to confront all this stuff that I thought I had gotten over. Now, here it is again. I don't think that I know what I am doing. I do not know what to do.... I do not know what to do.... I don't know what to do. I am so lost, so scared and so sad.

Thanks for letting me purge my sorrows and thanks for reading.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

You don't have to solve everything before 3 p.m. today, do you?

If you are like me, the answer is no.

So how do I get past all the thoughts racing in my head, all the decisions that need to be made, all the worries that consume my thought processes? I take it One Day at a Time, One Hour at a Time and sometimes One Minute at a Time.

I ask myself: what do I need to do right now to take care of myself (today the answer is rotate the laundry into the dryer). Then I do that one thing that I need to do for myself (I don't like sour laundry so this helps me focus on the task).
Then I keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep doing the next right thing for myself. Often, I need to chant to myself: focus, focus, focus, focus. Telling myself to focus on the task at hand helps me to quiet the thoughts that are running through my head.

These are some things that have helped me.

I'm glad you have an appointment for therapy today. That is a good thing you are doing for you today! Good on you.