Notices

my friend need help please

Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my friend need help please

hello i got a friend named Chris his a good lad he started doing weed at the start end of 2010 now its 2012 he is taking muscle relaxer, weed , speed he is doing it 4 times a week he is taking time off work to do it I’ve known him for 4 years i don’t want anything bad to happen to him so i phoned him today and he sounded all messed up on the phone he is really getting me down me and a group of friends all ways go out once a week now we see him once every month well tomorrow me and some friends are going out and he agreed to come so we are going to have a word with him but we don’t know what to say and how will he react we are pretty worried we don’t want to loose a good friend just need some tips what i could do please help
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

well hopefully he recognizes that he has a problem but most likely he doesn't. Don't be too hard but let him know you see a problem, you might not want to be drinking when you guys are doing this it will not help him or yourselves through this moment. These are touchy subjects and anyway around it will be rough but friends share their concerns but be prepared for the worst, he can walk away and might even say some nasty things just don't react, let it be, it is hard when friends are confronting you on something it almost seems like being picked on. I know this sounds funny but right before you do this say a prayer to God and ask Him to speak through you if all can huddle together and do this the better but prayer does help!

The bottom line is if he doesn't want help you can't force him and might have to let him go for awhile, he is lucky to have a group of good guys that care enough to stabd up and say something most would just walk away. No matter what happens you are doing the right thing! God bless and I pray it goes well!!! Keep us posted!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's ace that you have so much concern for your friend. He is lucky to have you. He may not respond well to an intervention and get defensive but at least it will highlight that he has a problem. Just make it clear that you don't judge him but will be there for him if he decides to sort himself out.

You might want to repost this in the friends and family forum too x