Ok, I am going.....

Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Ok, I am going.....

Ok, I am going to my first NA convention and I have not even been to a meeting yet.

My husband has talked about this for the last 2 weeks and I kind of kept blowing it off but last night he finally got serious. He wants to go and he wants me to come with him.

He booked an upgraded room with a water view and a balcony....gotta have a water view balcony even though I live on a river. lol

I am liking the idea of having a nice getaway. It has motivated me to get my dogs their shots (I wont need to kennel this time but they still need their shots and teeth done and it's one think of my check list). It's a good excuse for a new outfit or two.

I am told they have great, interesting speakers which I know I will like hearing. This will be out first get away in a while.....and one without any alcohol. Neither one of us are big drinkers but we have enjoyed a cocktail or two on other getaways.

I am looking forward to it....but I have to honestly say....I would never had envisioned any of this in my life. I am not judging...it's just all so surprising and just different.

Lastly, I feel very thankful to God for guiding him, me and us - down the paths of recovery...just for today!!

P.S. A couple of my friends are laughing and teasing saying "aren't you lucky," - but the truth is....I KNOW I am. It may not be the Bahamas, St. Lucia or a cruise, but in many ways...this is much better.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow. That sounds pretty cool. I've gone to NA meetings so I could meet and hear addicts speak about themselves, their recovery etc., and I loved them (maybe that sounds strange to say, but it's true). I go regularly to Families Anonymous, but NA meetings are amazing to me.

Hope you have a great get-away!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope that you both have a good time at the convention LMN. I think it is nice that you decided to go and offer support. Im sure its a big thing for him.

If I remember correctly, a while back you said you had found homes for your dogs due to your seperation. Since you mentioned them here, it must mean you were able to get them back after you reunited with you husband.
So happy to hear that ! We only have one dog, but he it a true member of our family and brings so much happiness.

Have a good time & yes, buy some new outfits for the trip, maybe get your nails done or whatever it takes to make the trip sepecial for you too.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

That is really great.

Just like AA conventions have a BIG area and meetings, luncheons, etc for Alanon, run by Alanon, so do NA Conventions. They have a segment of the convention that is Narnon. When you get to the convention center, check the 'hospitality' room and you will/should find a part of the hospitality room for Naranon.

Conventions are fun, well at least they are for me!!! rofl

I am so glad you said 'yes'. I think you will have a blast!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I bet you'll have a great time, NA conventions here have speakers from Families Anonymous too so maybe you will be able to listen to some shares by family members?
There is a convention about an hour from me next month and I'm thinking about catching a ride over with my sponsor, it's supposed to be amazing! If I don't make it there is a convention in my city in October which I will definitely attend