Notices

Just found out about my addiction

Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just found out about my addiction

Hey guys,
I've been smoking different blends of spice for around 1.5 years now, and I believe I'm starting to see the effects of it. When I started smoking it, it was a once a weekend kind of thing, but as I started nearing the end of my college semester and looking for internships, I've made spice my go to drug, instead of marijuana or alchohol, since I'm always subjected to random **** tests.

My average day to day included going to work, working out, smoking, showering, smoking, eating, smoking, gaming, smoking and sleeping. I went a very long time without any major symptoms besides throwing up one time.

Since early may (when the school year ended and I was between jobs), I had nothing to do and money to spend so I began smoking more and more, I got to the point where I was smoking 2-3 grams a day, but that all changed when I began a new job a few weeks and had to cut back on smoking. Now I smoke maybe .5-1 gram a day, and ever since then I've been having an upset stomach, night sweats, and mild chest pains.

Every night I was waking up freezing and drenched and it made the next day at work almost unbearable. After reading up on the symptoms, I decided that it came from smoking spice.

Ever since then I've been reading up on withdrawal symptoms and how long they last. I really hope I havent done anything to permanently damage my innards.

I probably should also mention that I quit smoking tobacco when my school semester was ending and I can honestly say I haven't smoked or "bummed" tobacco from anyone in over month. If I can get through that, I can get through this.

Has anyone else had these problems? I heard the withdrawal symptoms are similar to opiates, I hope I cant die by detoxing. lol

Oh yeah I know I poster this another thread, but I would really really like the help, and I'm pretty sure this is one of the least discussed drugs on the site
Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR. With all these "designer" drugs around, and their availability, I'm glad I'm clean.

Afraid I don't any experience with Spice. That being said, maybe detoxing from it is a discussion to have with your doctor.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that talking to your dr would be the best thing to do.

I'm glad you've decided to live a sober life.