Notices

Quiting tomorrow

Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quiting tomorrow

I've tried many times before, the longest I went was 5 months, and it was awesome!

But one thing always made me fail, and pick up smoking again, that was alcohol. Now that I'm sober, I don't see how this can go wrong, so tomorrow I will quit cold turkey.

Currently I'm smoking 30 a day, so this won't be fun, At All. Today I made sure to buy everything I need so that I can stay home for the next 3 days, if that's what it takes, I hate the first 3 days lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Less than 1 hour left of the first 24 hours. today was not that bad. However I spendt the entire day eating icecream and listening to records, tomorrow I will not allow myself to over-eat, so it will get harder.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Skandi)) - I'm on day 7, and I didn't worry about what I ate until the last couple of days, but that's just me. I smoked about the same amount you did and though it's not been easy, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, either. Congratulations on quitting!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto Skandi, I've not smoked since my last booze binge on Tuesday, when I'm drunk I eat the things but never smoke alot sober. I do wonder if it's to much to give up alcohol and cigs at the same time but one isn't really the same without the other.

Good luck to you, stay strong. x
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

48 hours have almost passed. Today was not that bad either. Can feel the body is starting to detoxify itself - having flue-like symptoms. Felt very weak all day today, but hope I can do a bit of running tomorrow morning.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Drink TONS of water - for whatever reason, being dehydrated makes me crave cigarettes.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done,you can do this,I quit booze and cigs 13 days ago and so far so good.I'm rooting for you..
Old 06-23-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Almost 72 hours! Today was a nice day compared to the last 2. I'm almost able to think again haha. Next milestone is 1 week!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((Skandi)) - Good for you! I'm on my 9th day, have had a few stressful things come up, did think of smoking and then talked myself out of it I don't know where you are, but lately we've had these new commercials that show people with tracheostomies, bed-ridden from a stroke, etc. and smoking got them there. The commercials made me feel a bit uncomfortable when I was still smoking, and they still do, but I am really glad I'm a NONSMOKER now and maybe we can keep those health issues from happening?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 8!

Not really thinking about smoking anymore. I'm done with that for good.

Am feeling pretty depressed though. Starting to realize that smoking did help me cope with my loneliness and 'not so great life'.

But guess that's a good thing. I don't want to hide from my problems anymore. And all my problems are fixable, so I hope.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((Skandi)) - I've had "one of those days" today. Though I'm an RA, my stepmom is an active A. Today, she took too many pills, fell a number of times and my reaction? I SERIOUSLY wanted a cigarette.

I didn't smoke. I realized the A in me just wanted something to pacify me, even though the thought of smoking was "bleeeech".

I'm at 2 weeks without a cigarette and I really don't want to smoke. Yes, I wanted something to soothe me, but I guess I trained my brain to think of smoking as YUK!!

You can do this, just as I am doing it. I quit smoking crack, I can quit smoking cigarettes. What works for me is thinking "not an option, next" with next being a cue to distract myself. It worked for crack, and so far it's working for the ciggy-butts.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy