Youre CRAZY! Im CRAZY! We're all CRAZY!!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Youre CRAZY! Im CRAZY! We're all CRAZY!!

i dont know about yall but i HATE being called CRAZY! I know my dislike for this word comes from my experience with my XABF throwing it in my face everytime he got called out on his sh*t and tried to put the blame back on me with his quackery, but now ive began to find some humor & irony in it. We are called crazy by people who are obsessed with liquids or powder. Called crazy by people who have no sympathy, empathy or compassion for ANYBODY on this Earth, including themselves. Called crazy because we actually care about the person, and want whats best for them. Called crazy by a person who lies, cheats and steals. Called crazy for asking them WHY they lie, cheat, steal and have no sympathy, empathy or compassion. Called crazy for being hurt by the things they did and do to us. HA! Such funny characters Alcoholics are! Call me crazy, but thats just crazy! Am i making any sense or is my XABF right: am i really crazy!? raaaawwwrr : O (saractic eye roll) lol
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes...that's a pet peeve of mine too. You destroy your life and family over alcohol but I'm crazy or psycho??? Quack, quack, quack! xo
Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, to be completely honest-I WAS crazy! And I got that way from living with an alcoholic. It happened so gradually I didn't recognize it at the time. Since I discovered alanon and have begun to get sane again I'm able to look back and see how crazy I had become. This is not to say that it means anything when an A calls you crazy-they're good at calling names, throwing out accusations and pushing our buttons. I no longer believe anything from an active A. Just sayin´that for a while there I was thinking and doing things that were crazy and I can see that now looking back from a healthier place.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh boy, I can relate...can't tell you how many times I had heard that I am crazy and/or psycho. Isn't THAT the pot calling the kettle black?? Just one more way for them to deflect any "blame" off of themselves.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I think that living with an addict can cause temporary insanity. Me,at times, I was as crazy as he was, once I dumped him, I eventually returned back to my normal, non crazy self.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My exah used to call me 'crazy' too. He knew how much i hated it. The thing is...I was crazy. I was crazy with anger and resentment and fear. Once I seperated from him, began attending al anon meetings, and began working on MY recovery, the crazies went away.

Living with an alcoholic or addict can make anyone crazy.
Its like living in a state of suspended reality.
The 'normal' rules of decency, honesty and trust don't exist. They are replaced with lies, fear, manipulation, distortion and blame. Not a good place to live...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Meh - I don't care if someone calls me crazy. They can call me a chair, too - but that doesn't make me one.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I admit that i too may have done some crazy things during my "relationship" with my X but i am not a crazy person! The situation caused me to do crazy things that i take full responsibility for but of course, in his twisted mind, none of his actions had anything to do with my behavior. Quack. Im just a nutty wackadoodle thats out of her mind. Quack.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The "crazy" label can be very freeing at times. People walk a wide circle around you, and oftentimes those are the folks you don't want in your life anyway.

I've learned to embrace the label, because as Purple Squirrel says - being called crazy doesn't make me crazy, unless I let it.