Notices

Internal fight

Old 06-17-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Internal fight

Reconnected with my long lost love when she was in a time of need, she is an addict herself, talked her off the ledge, multiple times, her struggle cost her her marriage mine trying to support her cost mine, not that mine was camalot, Been with her for 2 plus years now and all of the legal trouble she has been into is now over. If she just sets goals to get past it in my mind and she can do it. The hurt over the last years and the situations it has put me in has amplified my self medication to make up for the hurt. she is in a long term treatment and getting out soon, fear that i have not delt with the issues that make this relationship healthy, I know she is banking on me to be a "rock" and i am desperately trying to. figure out if it is time for her to sink or swim on her own as painful as that may be. She has shown me no definite signs that "it is fixed" and i know that addiction does not work that way. I am in a cross roads i need help and i am getting it and i cannot bank on her yet. Caring for someone with addiction is a lasting pain, i dont know if i am up to the task just yet. am i wrong?
Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Josh

I don't think anyone here can tell you if you're right or wrong...but I know from personal experience two people drowning can easily pull the other down.

what sort of support do you yourself have to stay clean and sober?
D
Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is an alano in town here, like most picking the meetings that are genuine takes time, i have found a few that are golden in the program, some others that seem like a dating scene. I've got enough drama in my life dont need to add to it. sticking with solid meetings, meeting with a head headshrinker for the first time in my life, Pretty sure it is time. I have good family support and motivation. if that is an answer i don't know but these are the roads i"m going down to stay well.