Notices

governments thoughts on drinking

Old 06-17-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

governments thoughts on drinking

many of youse are probablys from outside the uk. im from the uk and i constantly read that the government are concerned about the binge drink culture and their answer to it is to up the price of drink. It had me thinking that rising the price of drink is no good as like iv said previously i have resulted in lending money for drink even taking loans.
Also what had me thinking is when i read the paper they have surveys on what people drink and when they drink and what country drinks the most yet i have never seen a survey on people being asked the true reason why they drink so much. i have just read a post on someone who said they are a functional alcoholic and can party hard but deep down needs help, so how many other people are out there in a similar position but dont want to admit it because they want to keep up with the party culture.
I would just like peoples opinions on wether finding out the reasons behind peoples drinking habits will have more affect than raising the prices of drink.
I personally start drinking after my father passed away in a road accident, so would be interested in anyone elses input into what started them off with drink
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Surveys are difficult when it comes to addictive behaviour.
I'm not sure I would have answered truthfully.

Personally I think education of the problem is the key to change Sharp...I hope we see someone in power realise that one day soon.

D
Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

me too as probablys 99 percent of people are realising they have a problem when they reach rock bottom and are suffering withdrawl. if i knew how bad it would be i would never have touched the stuff but people are starting off so young and are oblivious to the fact that in 10 year time they will be on a site like this begging for help