complicated

Old 06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

complicated

What do you do when your xah's family wants to see you and your son. These people whom I have known for 16 years refuse to admit that my xah has a problem. Meanwhile, he is 2 months behind on court ordered child support and has canceled/ been a no call no show for visitation. They even let him and his coke ***** over for a family get together and completely dismissed me and my son. They make me feel like it is all my fault he abandoned us. I don't want to see them. I am very angry that they have treated me so poorly, so why should I go see them and be fake? I don't do fake. They do. So should I do fake so they can see my son, who they haven't seen since november? What's the point?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you don't want to go, then don't go.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

As I get healthier, I am slowing eliminating toxic people from my life....and it feels wonderful.

If your in laws want to see your son, I think they should arrange that with their son. Could be a good chance for them to see what you have known for sometime.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would be very protective of myself and avoid them. They are not on your side. There will be all manner of hidden unconscious darts and arrows and trapdoors opening during the visit. Why go into that jungle?

If your AH has visitation rights, I agree it is he who should be handling the grandparents' request.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I too am in the same situation.If it doesnt feel right.Dont do it.Best Wishes